• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Reddit: Request to remove David Newton

I agree with getting a new beat writer. With Voth on the Panthers staff now, we need another strong independent reporter. The only way David Newton's reporting could be any worse is if he was literally copying and pasting stuff from other articles.

It's what's going to inevitably sink ESPN.  

Fire the high priced, well-tenured guys and keep the garbage shows and sh*tty cheaper guys.

It might fit the business model if they're hemorraging money, but it's awful for the fans. 

Oh yeah, DNewton sucks big time.  Any chance we can get a 2-for-1 and ship Person out with Newton?

If I even remotely respected ESPN as a source of info I might be inclined to participate.  No matter who they plop down in Charlotte to "cover" the Panthers they will be coerced into writing hit pieces and hot lava takes on Cam.

Cam=clicks (but only if the story is negative.)

I've said this before (not that it matters but whatever) David newton is a good writer who doesn't have a clue what he's writing about.

He still doesn't know anything about football and had to continually ask other reporters "what just happened?" He doesn't know football and he doesn't pay attention to what's gong on.

He and Joe Person are inept. Half the posters in here could do a better job than either of those two clowns and that isn't giving people here too much credit, either.

I'm not sure. With it being espn we could actually get someone a lot worse at their job. Local paper can't hire someone with good coverage, why would we expect espn to do any better? Besides, if we get someone who is truly good at their job we'll quickly lose him like we have lost good reporters in the past.

Anyway, anyone going to espn for Panthers news is crazy.

On 6/9/2017 at 1:48 PM, LinvilleGorge said:

I realize that Charlotte is a relatively small media market, but damn, how have the Panthers so consistently had such terrible beat writers covering them?

I think Jones and Voth were both great. Jones moved on in his career and Voth sold out (though I can't blame him, go make dat money). Now we have poo for beat writers.

Archived