• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Bill Voth: Jerry Richardson Not Liking Where TD Talks Are Going. Prefers To Ruin Our Future And Fire GM.

Saca312

I'm sorry. I love TD to death. But football is supposed to be a business, and we have a perfectly young promising talent in Shaq Thompson in the wings.

So when I saw this as the primary reason, it's safe to say our window just got a whole lot shorter:

With likely loaded contracts going to aging vets when we have young talent in the wings (and who we'll probably let go due to such), I don't like how the franchise looks going forward.

Jerry Richardson will likely install a "yes man" GM who will give out loaded contracts to guys he likes and ruin our future. Even though Gettleman just had one of his best offensive drafts of his career, and is one of the best at evaluating talent.

This firing makes no sense at all.

Just now, Saca312 said:

I'm sorry. I love TD to death. But football is supposed to be a business, and we have a perfectly young promising talent in Shaq Thompson in the wings.

So when I saw this as the primary reason, it's safe to say our window just got a whole lot shorter:

With likely loaded contracts going to aging vets when we have young talent in the wings (and who we'll probably let go due to such), I don't like how the franchise looks going forward.

This firing makes no sense at all.

No its was DG's ego holding this team back and I beleive Ron & DG had a little bit of a feud going on for couple of years 

@Jeremy Igo

Just now, joemac said:

Does Richardson want to give TD a 5 year 70 million dollar extension or something? How could they be that far apart? Maybe DG wanted to cut TD?

I would assume it went more like this:

JR:  Extend TD.

DG:  No problem, but what he wants is way higher than we can afford to pay and keep moving forward...same with Olsen.

JR:  Extend them both.

DG:  You running the team or me?

JR:  No one is any longer.  Get out.

Goddamnit I knew it. I swear this is no way to run a successful franchise. As much as I love TD, I will really resent him costing us years of potential success if he got Gettelman fired. He always said he was about the team and all the loyalty he had been shown... Maybe Dave was fuging up and not even talking with TD?

I don't know I'm torn by my respect for what Gettleman has built and love of guys like TD, Greg, and in the past the way Smitty was handled.

Just now, thefuzz said:

I would assume it went more like this:

JR:  Extend TD.

DG:  No problem, but what he wants is way higher than we can afford to pay and keep moving forward...same with Olsen.

JR:  Extend them both.

DG:  You running the team or me?

JR:  No one is any longer.  Get out.

Probably said a bit differently, but my impression is you probably nailed the gist of the conversation.

Bye bye, Cam's prime years.

Archived