• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Hurney Press conference at 2pm

Johnny Rockets

17 minutes ago, pantherj said:

Says it wasn't a rash decision to fire Gettleman. The decision was made over time. He didn't talk about the past with JR, just the future moving forward.

So Hurney was saying this?  As if he was part of the decision-making process to fire Gettleman?

I think he said the right things at least. He also stayed after the conference to chat with the media, something Gettleman wouldn't do.

One good thing about Hurney is we'll get to see him more on camera throughout the year. I always hated how Gettleman would hide most of the year even when the team was losing or going through drama.

Just now, tiger7_88 said:

So Hurney was saying this?  As if he was part of the decision-making process to fire Gettleman?

He was giving his opinion that it wasn't a rash decision to fire Gettleman, but he didn't say "in my opinion" so it sounded like a fact, but I'm taking it as his opinion based on knowing JR and his experience in the league.

1 minute ago, pantherj said:

He was giving his opinion that it wasn't a rash decision to fire Gettleman, but he didn't say "in my opinion" so it sounded like a fact, but I'm taking it as his opinion based on knowing JR and his experience in the league.

Jeebus cripes, lets hope so.

The last day has been really bad.  If JR back-doored Hurney (heh) to be part of the process, that would be infinitely worse.

He has a child's general disposition.  He's kind of bashful in a sense.  Don't know if that's so great for operating as the GM of an NFL team.  He kept saying interim but he sure sounded like he getting comfortable.

It's going to a bizarre and interesting year, for better or worse.

Archived