• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Wide receivers update....

Jeremy Igo

5 minutes ago, mrknowitall said:

I agree about Ross. Not sure about Duke over Byrd. From the tweets, it appears that both have made their fair share of plays, but Byrd's appear to be coming with the first/second team offense against the first/second team defense, while Duke's appear to be coming with the third team against the third team. Maybe I'm wrong, but Christian McCaffrey is pitching the ball to Byrd on end arounds like we used to do with Ginn. Meanwhile, the big catches I read about from Duke seem to be on the end of a Joe Webb throw.

I like them both, so I'm cool if either one makes the squad. I'm just not as sure as you are that Duke is ahead of Byrd in the coaches eyes.

Sent from my iPhone using CarolinaHuddle

Long as we got some competition right? 

slatest_160128_trump1.gif.gif.CROP.origi

Would be nice to see Byrd make it, and Duke on the PS. Would be even better to replace that spot with a decent vet after cuts start, but dreaming there. 

Oh...and I fully expect it to be Bersin unless Byrd absolutely shows out.  And I'm not a Bersin hater by any means...he does his job.  He just also has no business being on an NFL roster. 

8 hours ago, CPcavedweller said:

He said Ross would make the roster back in the early summer. And he also has a love fest with Bryd. At this point, I like Duke a lot more than both Byrd and Ross.

In all fairness, I have a love fest with Byrd too. #SpursUp but if I'm being objective, Duke is doing better and is earning the spot at the moment

It's too early to know anything but Igo's 4 locks are right. The 5th spot will be between Bersin and Byrd. Bersin probably wins out because he has shown to be a reliable receiver in the past and can plan kickoff and punt coveragw units pretty well. But it's too early to really know and we won't know until final rostet cuts

Archived