• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Starting Over

redbuddha

1 minute ago, Hoenheim said:

Patriots WRs outside of Cooks arent incredibly talented either 

And gronkowski who is dominant in ways Olsen has never been. They have a lot of guys that are quick and know how to get open. Plus Tom always has all day to throw and when he doesn’t he looks below average. 

1 minute ago, Jimmy said:

You can't have creative without an explosive #1 WR.  We don't have that. When you can play man to man against our WRs and load the box/spy, it limits creativity and big plays. 

by creative, i mean adaptable and able to take advantage of 1) who you have and 2) what the defense is giving you.

if you have a good and creative OC, imo, you don't need much more in the way of WRs than what we've got.

btw, i think next year we are good in the WR dept.....that is if we can stay healthy. i really like what i've seen from funch and what i saw in samuel and byrd before they went on IR.

9 minutes ago, Clicheking said:

Did you suggest you we get rid of Cam, to make way for Shula.

I'm out

I watched a lot of film on Cam at Blinn and Auburn, he had good accuracy and didn’t seem befuddled by the short pass. Since Arriving in Charlotte, I don’t see the excellent run pass fakes he made in college, I don’t see the rollouts. So did Cam immediately suck when he showed up at training camp, and they eliminated all of that from his repotoire, do the coaches, think he is incapable of running those plays. If they think he is incapable, that will come out in a gm/owner meeting, and if they want that versatility, they will get a new coach, new OC, or new qb. 

God get Cam out of this pathetic fanbase who can’t appreciate what he has to go through to make us competitive.

What i would pay for Cam to go to a team who cares about him and gets him the talent and coordinator to truly make him shine as a passer and weapon. 

Anyone looking to have a stake in this team is looking very closely at everything/everyone. Hopefully they have a high enough football IQ to know Hurney needs to go. Should also be able to see that with Shulas track record he is average at best and also needs to go.

Personally I believe that with the right pieces around him (players AND staff) Cam could elevate his game and become elite. He will never be the most accurate passer, but calling the right plays and at the right time can hide his deficiencies. 

If we’re going to continue and roll with the scrap bin group of WR’s, then maybe it’s time to go in a different direction *shrugs*

Maybe roll with an Alex Smith type QB, and basically have him there to not make mistakes and just dink & dunk down the field. Might not be a bad idea for this franchise.

It would suck, but sometimes certain players are just not right fits for certain organizations. It is what it is, and I say all this with it being known im a huge Cam fan. 

4 minutes ago, AggieLean said:

If we’re going to continue and roll with the scrap bin group of WR’s, then maybe it’s time to go in a different direction *shrugs*

Maybe roll with an Alex Smith type QB, and basically have him there to not make mistakes and just dink & dunk down the field. Might not be a bad idea for this franchise.

It would suck, but sometimes certain players are just not right fits for certain organizations. It is what it is, and I say all this with it being known im a huge Cam fan. 

Great point.

I've always asked what was the point in drafting Cam if all you're going to do is build around the defense? A game managing QB would be perfect for this 1950's offense that this coaching staff insists on using.

7 minutes ago, uncfan888 said:

Cam should go to Rivera and say "it's either me or Shula" 

Shula sucks.. Get cam a real OC

He is too comfortable   He is not accountable enough  sorry 

That is the problem with the coaching staff too

i said the past three years, he needs true offensive coaches 

think it doesn't make a difference, Goff last year to Goff this year

12 minutes ago, AggieLean said:

I get what you're saying but the x factor right now is our inability to run the ball through our RB's. Removing Cam from the equation doesn't change that. In fact you're likely to get whoever you do decide to put back there hurt.

This is a team whose identity is based on a stout run game and tough defense. But we can't run the ball without our QB.

Also, dink and dunk only works if you have receivers who can get YAC like you saw Matt Ryan's guys putting in work for him. He barely threw it much past the LOS.

3 minutes ago, raleigh-panther said:

He is too comfortable   He is not accountable enough  sorry 

That is the problem with the coaching staff too

i said the past three years, he needs true offensive coaches 

think it doesn't make a difference, Goff last year to Goff this year

Would having a 2,000 yard RB in Gurley make a difference at all there? Gee, lemme think...

Our problems are multi level. 

1. Coaching HC and OC. Time management and game planning sucks.

2. Front Office. Our owner is more concerned with  " blue jean Friday's", shaving the legs of female employees and touching their titties than running a successful NFL franchise.

3. Talent evaluation is a HUUUUGE problem. I don't think they know what a real Wide Receiver is, I say this because they did their best to shove Armonti Edwards down our throats...and it hasn't gotten much better. Look at our current WR's, Funchess is legit while everybody else is piss poor. 

Archived