• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Hurney on WFNZ

ncfan

5 minutes ago, Rags said:

Horton and Addison played well, and we still have Hall. Keep using Pep in rotation and bring another body in we'll be fine 

for the next year yes. the idea of building a team, however, is planning for the short and long term success of it. Rushing the passer will always be needed. 

Its funny this last draft was exactly about addressing speed and athleticism with CMC/Samuel. And we have the same needs still . 

God only knows if Samuel can become a true deep threat or at least dependable WR on the outside while managing to stay healthy. Byrds skill at this point shouldnt really be questioned, but his health is also now a concern . 

None of them are true #1 WRs thats what we're missing. In an ideal world Funchess is the perfect #2 WR and we need a dominant #1. Bersin/Clay shouldnt be here. Byrd should be the KR/PR and possible depth at WR. Samuel should be the #3 guy provided he can stay healthy and take hits . 

4 minutes ago, *FreeFua* said:

Yep, given our cap situation, not having a 4th rounder, holes we currently have we can’t realistically fill them all.

Address the WR position and Cam will be able to mask a lot of the other issues no problem 

If we can get just an average LT and some better WR options, Cam can mask a lot of the defensive inadequacies as well. We are already having to beat some of these teams in shoot out mode. Set the offense up for success.

Ill be happy with a good saftey, WR, and power RB in this draft. Thats not really that much to ask. And hoping for 2 of those to be solid contributors and 1 of them to be a gamebreaker that we need on offense. 

Thats problem with the offense . Too many complimentary guys and not Game Breakers. I think Byrd was the closest to showing he could be that . Dude needs to put on some muscle and get a little more durable , and he could be that dude. 

Just now, uncfan888 said:

Yeah, that's what I'm thinking. Cam is such a weapon that he can mask some holes at random spots

Our 15-1 season and even though we lost yesterday proved that too. We went 11-5 this season and we weren’t a very good team, it was all Cam down the stretch. 

Give Cam real WR’s and when he goes into mission mode like yesterday, he’s going to put up so many points it won’t matter who is playing on defense. 

We have enough pieces on defense to make the odd stop and with Cam that’s all you need. This organzation has tried building around Cam every which way for 7 years except for at the WR position. It’s time they finally give Cam WR’s and let him do his thing.

I’ve been begging for proper WR’s from day 1 regardless of what sacrifices that comes with. Cam is our MVP and we go as he goes no matter what, so give him the weapons and let’s go

1 minute ago, *FreeFua* said:

Our 15-1 season and even though we lost yesterday proved that too. We went 11-5 this season and we weren’t a very good team, it was all Cam down the stretch. 

Give Cam real WR’s and when he goes into mission mode like yesterday, he’s going to put up so many points it won’t matter who is playing on defense. 

We have enough pieces on defense to make the odd stop and with Cam that’s all you need. This organzation has tried building around Cam every which way for 7 years except for at the WR position. It’s time they finally give Cam WR’s and let him do his thing.

I’ve been begging for proper WR’s from day 1 regardless of what sacrifices that comes with. Cam is our MVP and we go as he goes no matter what, so give him the weapons and let’s go

I agree. Didn't mean to poo haha. I think if we get some WRs and upgrade the line a little, cam can take us to the promised land

Just now, LinvilleGorge said:

Obada is a long shot at best and who knows what Hall can do. We need another young elite talent IMO.

I am not as sure about  that as you. Hall, is going to push for a spot. And Obada is a bad mother. Between the two, we may just be set. But....I will never turn my nose up at an elite DE prospect. 

I guess I am willing to stay put there, under normal conditions, and use my resources elsewhere.

It all comes down to where you see the needs. Me? My 1st, and maybe only, FA pick up would be a quality WR. I would then look for Secondary, and Skill Position guys in the draft.

I may be one of the few who truly believes we are still a pretty good team. With a few tweaks, and the right FAs, we can get even better.

18 minutes ago, gmonjimbo said:

Will be honest, prefer Hurney being open and honest about the team's needs then to have to encrypt what Gettleman said in interviews.  

I hope Hurney does what he says he will do and once he gets long term status as our GM and don't follow through fixing our Dline and Oline problem/holes that need to be filled.

Just now, uncfan888 said:

I agree. Didn't mean to poo haha. I think if we get some WRs and upgrade the line a little, cam can take us to the promised land

I honestly don’t even think we need to upgrade the line. 

Cam will get the passing game going with real WR’s and it’ll open so many other things like the running game. 

No one respects our passing game and that’s because they don’t need to when they see guys like Clay, Shep and Bersin pop out of the huddle and go line up. 

Do we need upgrades at safety and corner? Of course but you need to be able to score before anything else. 

1 minute ago, iamhubby1 said:

I am not as sure about  that as you. Hall, is going to push for a spot. And Obada is a bad mother. Between the two, we may just be set. But....I will never turn my nose up at an elite DE prospect. 

I guess I am willing to stay put there, under normal conditions, and use my resources elsewhere.

It all comes down to where you see the needs. Me? My 1st, and maybe only, FA pick up would be a quality WR. I would then look for Secondary, and Skill Position guys in the draft.

I may be one of the few who truly believes we are still a pretty good team. With a few tweaks, and the right FAs, we can get even better.

I don't disagree, I'm just not willing to put as much faith in those two young DEs. I actually like our WR corps if we can add a proven veteran FA to put opposite of Funchess. Samuel in the slot, Byrd at the 4, and Clay as a return man in #5 is alright by me but if we do even more I won't complain.  Definitely need an upgrade in the secondary. My dream would be a true center fielder type of safety in the mold of Earl Thomas. I think that would help our defense out immensely. I also think we need to add talent at TE. We like running double TE sets but we don't have a quality #2 TE and we don't have anyone to groom as Olsen's eventual replacement.

1 minute ago, *FreeFua* said:

I honestly don’t even think we need to upgrade the line. 

Cam will get the passing game going with real WR’s and it’ll open so many other things like the running game. 

No one respects our passing game and that’s because they don’t need to when they see guys like Clay, Shep and Bersin pop out of the huddle and go line up. 

Do we need upgrades at safety and corner? Of course but you need to be able to score before anything else. 

Yeah, if we had receivers that people had to account for and respect, it would unstack the box and open the whole offense up

He saying all the right things, but he said all the right things during his previous tenure here. And Gettleman said all the right things about team needs as well.

Obviously, saying them and doing them are two different things.

Archived