• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

For those pleading for speed at the WR position

Adb6368

I love Samuel and Byrd...Funch too, but we have to get a free agent #1 WR that won't take years to develop. In other words, let's get Cam some known commodities and see the others grow into their roles. I'm tired of waisting years hoping everything falls into place perfectly on offense with talent and injuries. 

Just now, Marcogreenbush said:

Got to realize when combine comes out he might be a top 15 pick fast receivers stocks fly up just look at John Ross 

Yea thats probably realistic. Wouldnt surprise me if he's the first receiver off the board. 

Haven't we done the old reaching for a player at a specific position  instead of going BPA which brought us both Star and Butler to begin with. This thread appears to ignore all that and is replicating what got Hurney in trouble to begin with. Going after players for a position we need instead of getting the best player at a position of need but focusing on improving the talent across the board.

I don't hate the idea of using those two as a #3wr deep threat as long as we bring in a legit #1. That gives you speed at 3, funch at 2, and an actual professional WR at 1. We have too many holes to just sign all of the receivers like the huddle wants to do every year. MAYBE we have enough to sign one very good wr, maybe.

24 minutes ago, mjligon said:

Sounds like a great idea to continue our long running trend of not surrounding Cam with talent at the wideout position then having to listen to this moronic fanbase critique every pass he fails to make.

Ah yes the “we have bigger needs” for the 8th offseason in a row now.

This fan base loves to trash Rivera and Shula for never adjusting their strategy yet the majority of this fan base is to stubborn/blind to change theirs. 

So yes, let’s keep on addressing every other need except WR and i’ll see you next January in this exact same thread!

Anthony Miller? 

We do need a burner but I’m still on the free agent wide receiver thing— use our top 4 draft picks for safety corner offensive tackle and a tightend or defensive end— no particular order, BPA.

If we play that right we should seriously be able to get a Sammy and a Crabtree.

sammy Crabtree Byrd Samuel Funchess looks pretty damn good.

We need to just get a FA WR. I’m confident that Samuel will be in better shape and be more experienced coming into next season. Funch played through injury for like half the season. Give these guys an off-season with Cam in their new roles and let the passing game develop. We need to upgrade Shepherd with a better WR and maybe replace Bersin with another speed special teams guy.

I have no problem having Funchess, Samuel, Byrd, and a guy like Christian Kirk all out there interchangeably. Defenses would not know where to focus and Kirk is actually a true 1 who can run every route and has great hands. Speed is just one attribute. 

Archived