• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Giants Have The Pieces In Place To Name Steve Wilks Their Head Coach Today

bobsfoodbasics

I think you guys are too harsh on Wilks.

personally I think he did a great job considering we had the worst secondary ever,... like ever.

you do have to have the Jimmys and the Joes to go with Xs and Os.

we only had Hos

so Steve did a great job with what he had to work with. He shut the saints rushing game down,.. 

thomas Davis said on the chunk plays guys were out of position. 

So I believe he called the right coverages for those too, and still shut the run game down, put us in position to win that football game. 

Cam coming down to the last 4 downs to have a chance we win was the best we could hope for after being killed twice.

if Funchess(I want him out) catches that touchdown everyone is praising Wilks for our defense putting us in position to win.

Funchess didn’t and the refs added that stupid call to kill our last chance so that’s not on Wilks.

Just now, theballboy said:

I dont think Wilks is getting a HC anywhere. He is getting these interviews bc of the Rooney Rule. After these interviews, Rivera will dump his butt as a scapegoat along with Shula and Dorsey already. 

I love how people think he's going somewhere. He's the best unquestionable rooney candidate. maybe he lucks out, but the giants make sense because of Gettleman but you know they hoping on Belicheck, also the Cardinals changing their philosophy from offense to defense? Not happening. He'll interview in Chicago too. Ultimately i could see him there, but they want to focus on offense with trubisky. i'm not saying he's not qualified, but there's better qualified out there. he didn't do too much as a ONE YEAR DC here.

5 minutes ago, Lumps said:

Don’t really care who the DC is with Rivera as a HC tbh

Pretty much this. As long as Rivera is here I'm not concerned about defense. The man knows defense and he knows defensive coaches and he's shown that if you come here as his DC he'll prep you for a HC role and not stand in your way when the time comes. Ron will never have an issue recruiting defensive coaching talent. If I was a young defensive coach I'd be trying to find my way onto his staff.

10 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

Was just about to post on that.

John Mara originally said the team wanted an experienced head coach or at the very least a long time coordinator. That would have ruled Wilks out.

It appears, however, that Gettleman may not have agreed on that front.

I never bought into it from the beginning. 

Archived