• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers releasing K Coleman according to Rapoport

Captain Obvious

3 hours ago, MHS831 said:

Get the feeling he will try to bring Boston back?  I still say move Worley to FS.   Draft is pretty solid at DB

you know how much Hurney loves a position change 

Boston actually showed improvement in San Diego. 

I feel like Hurney's comments however indicate we are targeting someone in the draft to play safety

13 minutes ago, frash.exe said:

so who are we talking about here? jordan gross? i seriously doubt his personal assessment of gettleman factored into his decision to call it quits. he shows up at training camp 6 months later and he’s 70lbs lighter. the guy was sick of the lifestyle and the toll it was taking on his body, but nobody highlights that.

is it mike tolbert? the guy gettleman correctly assessed had his best years behind him?

I heard rumbles about Gross being a bit put off by all that at the time, but I'm much more disappointed by DG's years long inability to resolve the left tackle position than I am him facilitating Gross's departure. Tolbert was washed up, DG made the right call there.

It's hard to say how much of his personality affected the unpopular departures on a personal level. I was referring less to his people skills and more to his decision making being clouded. Especially in situations like Norman leaving and then throwing away a draft to replace him with rookies and backing into a losing season. Then in 2017 the same thing but this time with Ginn and Shepard. I looked past the few negatives and was fully on board when his recipe was still resulting in winning seasons. But the failures of 2016 and 2017 are crystal clear depictions of Gettleman's faults costing us big smack dab in the middle of the prime of our core. Years down the line that will become more obvious, just like how Hurney is viewed now when it wasn't that long ago that Panthers fans were declaring Hurney a cap guru.

1 hour ago, Mr. Scot said:

Some of that will go to the rookies (I think someone said 10 million but I don't know if that's accurate).

If they stay pat and don't make any trades then they are slotted to spend 6,997,846 on rookie players. So if they don't make any more moves then they should have 19-20m to spend. 

We have to remember Kurt was basically sitting on his couch when we called him up back in 2015 after the Eagles, Vikings and Chiefs had given up on him. We were desperate and he had something to prove. It paid off for us and he really proved that he could be great if given a chance.

Not many folks get that opportunity in life to come back and prove folks wrong. He always played like he knew what an opportunity he was given. I hope that rubbed off on every young player that had a chance to work with him.

He's a good guy and I hope the world is good to him. And I'd keep his phone number handy just in case. 

2 hours ago, Khyber53 said:

We have to remember Kurt was basically sitting on his couch when we called him up back in 2015 after the Eagles, Vikings and Chiefs had given up on him. We were desperate and he had something to prove. It paid off for us and he really proved that he could be great if given a chance.

Not many folks get that opportunity in life to come back and prove folks wrong. He always played like he knew what an opportunity he was given. I hope that rubbed off on every young player that had a chance to work with him.

He's a good guy and I hope the world is good to him. And I'd keep his phone number handy just in case. 

Good analysis.

In my opinion, the hardest part of player evaluation isn't whether they're good, but predicting how long they're going to be good. Some guys are great for ten years or more.  Others have maybe two or three.

You might have a guy that gives it his all this year and looks like a star so you sign him to a five year deal.  But then it turns out that one great year was all he had in him and now you're stuck.

Archived