• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Sooooooo Left Guard at #24

Soul Rebel

Not spending FA money on the position and the team has stated that they want Moton as a tackle. We have a gaping hole at LG that is only worsened when you look who is standing to the left of this position. Compound that with the other Kalil having a hard time staying healthy and in his final year. 

I really like Justin Reid, but not Harrison and it will cost too much to trade up for James.  However, Deshon Elliott and Marcus Allen are my two draft crushes, with Elliott being a beast that we can grab in R2. 

With the Torrey Smith signing, we still need a WR2 but have promising youngsters in Samuel and Byrd. I like DJ Moore if Ridley isn't available, but nobody else at 24. Not sold on Sutton or Kirk at 24, but would prefer someone like ESB or Miller later than using a first on a WR. Honestly, a trade for Martavis, Corey Coleman or maybe Jermaine Kearse would make me happier.

Sooooooo, that brings us to LG. We need one, and badly. #NotSilatolu

Will Hernandez, Isaiah Wynn or Billy Price at 24? I think Hernandez is a beast and a plug-and-play LG from day one and has All-Pro written all over him. Wynn and Price can also start day one, though I prefer Hernandez' trajectory.  Price would offer us flexibility to slide over to center too if need be in 2019. 

It ain't sexy, but LG makes a ton of sense right now.

4 minutes ago, Soul Rebel said:

Will Hernandez, Isaiah Wynn or Billy Price at 24? I think Hernandez is a beast and a plug-and-play LG from day one and has All-Pro written all over him. Wynn and Price can also start day one, though I prefer Hernandez' trajectory.  Price would offer us flexibility to slide over to center too if need be in 2019. 

I'd take any of those and be happy.

7 minutes ago, Soul Rebel said:

Not spending FA money on the position and the team has stated that they want Moton as a tackle. We have a gaping hole at LG that is only worsened when you look who is standing to the left of this position. Compound that with the other Kalil having a hard time staying healthy and in his final year. 

I really like Justin Reid, but not Harrison and it will cost too much to trade up for James.  However, Deshon Elliott and Marcus Allen are my two draft crushes, with Elliott being a beast that we can grab in R2. 

With the Torrey Smith signing, we still need a WR2 but have promising youngsters in Samuel and Byrd. I like DJ Moore if Ridley isn't available, but nobody else at 24. Not sold on Sutton or Kirk at 24, but would prefer someone like ESB or Miller later than using a first on a WR. Honestly, a trade for Martavis, Corey Coleman or maybe Jermaine Kearse would make me happier.

Sooooooo, that brings us to LG. We need one, and badly. #NotSilatolu

Good points.. I still see Reid and Moore as our true targets now but a LG/C could be the pick..

4 minutes ago, RockyTopVol said:

I’d be thrilled with Price. Day-one starter this year at guard, and a possible replacement for Kalil next season. 

I'm a little weary after he tore his pec bench pressing at the combine. If he fell to us in the 2nd because of it I believe it's a no brainer. But drafting him in the first knowing he will miss a lot of the summer practice time is risky.

Free agency has been open for about 2 hours now and we have not signed a guard so we must be drafting one?  Maybe, but it's still over a month until the draft and there are alot of guards still in free agency so wait and see I think is a better answer now.

Archived