• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Tidbits from my source

Snake

9 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I don't think it would've hurt their standing with that agent. Agents know the deal. It's just business. If there's multiple similar offers on the table, especially multiple out of conference offers, then yeah maybe you do the player a solid and ask him where he'd rather go. But, if that's the only offer or the best offer, then that's just the way it goes. 

I think it would honestly be more likely that the Panthers would've balked on the offer if they caught wind that Crabtree didn't want to be here. What throws a wrench in things in this situation is that the claim was that Crabtree didn't want to go to the east coast and then he signs a contract as a free agent with an east coast team. Uh... wut?

Yeah that makes zero sense.

10 minutes ago, bull123 said:

If you are not on the field you are not helping the team

and if you are rookie that is not out there from the beginning, and then gets injured again, and now looks like a year to recover...I would say that player would be a potential bust

this is not high school soccer...it is Professional Football and these guys get BIG $$

injuries are going to part of the game, but some players are hurt more than others and with the $$ they are getting, they need to either contribute or be replaced

Damn. Maybe he should’ve thought about that when he made the decision to damage the nerve in his ankle. 

1 hour ago, Jeremy Igo said:

Entirely possible Samuel starts training camp on pup. But I don't think anyone could possibly know that for sure. 4 months is a long ass time when you have the best in rehab tech.

Agree with this. Haven’t heard anything to make me think we should be overly concerned about Samuel. Not sure the Crabtree rumors are true. When I brought them up to people who would know last week I got laughed at. 

@stbugs

2 hours ago, Snake said:

Talked to a guy I know within the organization and he touched on a few topics. 

Said the Breeland injury was a shock and that he had a major infection and needed surgery. He said the kid would be out for quite awhile. He also said there was a rumor that even before the injury he planed to let the Redskins to match or offer more for his services al la New England. This would explain why he was upset. It more than likely kills any chance of him cashing in with the Redskins. 

He also said that we offered Oakland a 5th round pick for Crabtree but he wasn't really keen on moving to the east coast without a huge offer and Oakland was wanting a bit more to move him. 

Lastly he said that Samuel was far from recovered from his injury and probably will miss most of training camp and will likely be on Pup for the season opener. 

Thanks for the insight

Archived