• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Could we trade Cam to Giants and take Darnold at #2?

steven8989

If our previous OC, can't even bear to say the name, was still here, I would actually be open to the idea. Cam has taken an extreme amount of abuse for his age at QB. While he can will himself to do almost anything, there's a good chance his body is going to break down sooner than later and that's a shame and a waste of his talent. It would make sense to move him for as much as we could get before the wheels start falling off.  

Since we now have a new OC, I'm hoping that the game plan won't revolve around getting Cam crushed and in games that aren't going well on offense, Norv can adapt his game plan to something that doesn't involve Cam the RB. Right now, trading Cam is premature. 

I've been saying trade Cam for a year now.  There would be a foolish enough team to give the Panthers a treasure trove of picks.  Minnesota and Philly showed last year you don't have to have a top teir QB (which Cam is not) to have a deep playoff winning team.

2 minutes ago, panfanman said:

I've been saying trade Cam for a year now.  There would be a foolish enough team to give the Panthers a treasure trove of picks.  Minnesota and Philly showed last year you don't have to have a top teir QB (which Cam is not) to have a deep playoff winning team.

yep a team won a super bowl without a true franchise quarterback for the first time since 2002 last season

man if that isn't a proof of concept i don't know what is.

Archived