• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Carolina Panthers Day 2 Draft Grade

Kevin Greene

Grade the Panthers Day 2 Draft Picks/Trades  

177 members have voted

1. 1. Grade the Panthers Day 2 Draft Picks/Trades

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F

1 minute ago, carpanfan96 said:

Roughly 12% of 3rd round draft picks become starters in the NFL. To expect to hit on two is absurd. Hell only about 17% of 2nd round picks become nfl Starters

I'd settle for a contributor. Most of Hurney's 2nd rounders are out of the league before their contracts expire. 

24 minutes ago, Dex said:

loved Jackson pick. A-

No clue who Gaulden is but seems like a bit of a reach right now. C +

good trade there's a lot of value in the mid rounds. A -

B+

25 minutes ago, Dex said:

loved Jackson pick. A-

No clue who Gaulden is but seems like a bit of a reach right now. C +

good trade there's a lot of value in the mid rounds. A -

B+...bingo mockingbird

Still can't believe Hurney passed on Oliver a 6'0 200 pound db with long arms who was the best available at that time we picked.smh

Oliver would probably been a starter from day 1. Jackson is a nickel back. Hopefully Jackson proves us wrong.

4 minutes ago, Cracka McNasty said:

We wasted a second round pick on a slot corner when we have 2 other guys who play slot already on the roster ahead of him. He's undersized both height wise and weight wise, and we are in a division with Mike Evans, Julio Jones, and Michael Thomas, and our solution is a 5'10" 178lb feather. 

Then we got some tweener who doesn't have a true position in the secondary because Hurney loves to draft converts in the 3rd. 

Day 2 screams vintage Hurney to me. 

I give it a D just because they technically drafted positions of need, but there were far better prospects available at the time. 

my thoughts exactly. We couldve gotten Justin Reid, Josh Sweat, and Ronnie Harrison and instead we got some weird project players .

I'm just praying we will get super lucky and find another blue chip starter amongst a sea of mediocre and terrible players on day 3. 

3 minutes ago, Cracka McNasty said:

I'd settle for a contributor. Most of Hurney's 2nd rounders are out of the league before their contracts expire. 

Well considering that 17% of 2nd round picks become starters and Hurney got 5 multi year starters out of 11 picks, was that the busts were really bad ones that he traded picks for basically. Hes also had solid success in the third round and back compared to most NFL gms over the same period. 

Big issues were the last few drafts were pretty damn bad in the 2nd round on and it lead to depth issues... His overall history isnt bad compared to NFL norms. 

I don't know Jackson and Gauldsen will pan out (and neither does anyone else on this board), but our secondary could not have been much worse than they were last year, especially down the stretch. They were horrendously bad considering how well the Front 7 played.

Bradberry was the only one worth keeping and now it's honestly looking like that might be the case.

And another thing, Rivera has way more power now than he did when Hurney was here earlier. I guarantee you he is signing off on these picks.

Rivera coached up Melvin White and Robert Lester, both UDFA rookies into contributors on a 12-4 team in 2013 with Josh Norman on the bench.

My point being, it's crazy to get upset over these picks. Hurney said they were going to add speed and they did.

Gettleman added 2 guys in the first 2 rounds last year in CMC and Samuel who didn't fit the mold of their traditional respective positions and nobody lost their minds.

Hurney has been solid so far this go-around. He got the best WR in the draft and 2 fast versatile DBs.

Nothing other than what he promised and we expected 

6 minutes ago, bobsfoodbasics said:

If Gaulden can make the transition to free safety, then him and action jackson were both great picks for day 2.

Love having the top pick in the 4th round.

Gaulden FS? Hahahaha

He’s a slow box safety at best. It made no sense to pick him

Archived