• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Sugar coating RBs, CJ lead back

I've read my three free articles this month. With so many free news sources, but the Charlotte Disturber still thinks they're the only game in town. EnTeeway...

I always believed that Anderson will be the workhorse back. I'm not sold, and I don't think that the OC or HC is sold, that C-Mac is a legit power back. That being said, I think that he can do it in spurts. Turner wants to rightly get C-Mac into space and let him do his shake-n-bake thing and carve up the opposition. Smoke routs and wheel routes, screens and draw plays should be fun to watch. C-Mac is a legitimate offensive weapon that I'm pretty sure will be used to acquire the most all-purpose yards on the team. Between him in space and on the outside, and Anderson running o  the inside and catching underneath, I really don't see how we'll be stopped with Olsen and the playmaking receivers. Provided Cam consistently goes through his progressions (and has time to), there should always be someone open when we're not running through the opposition. And, even if they possibly happen to cover Cam's plethora of weapons, Cam won't be. Our offense should be pick-your-poison on steroids. They damned sure don't want to leave C-Mac open, but you know that he's going to get open. He did last season, and that's without all the legitimate weapons.

I hope we roll with CMC as the starter. Anderson is a solid RB, but there’s a reason why Denver let him walk when it wasn’t going to cost a ton to keep him. He’s basically a JAG. Good backup, marginal starter type of guy. If a guy like that keeps CMC on the bench, it’ll be time to start pondering that “B” word.

5 minutes ago, top dawg said:

I've read my three free articles this month. With so many free news sources, but the Charlotte Disturber still thinks they're the only game in town. EnTeeway...

I always believed that Anderson will be the workhorse back. I'm not sold, and I don't think that the OC or HC is sold, that C-Mac is a legit power back. That being said, I think that he can do it in spurts. Turner wants to rightly get C-Mac into space and let him do his shake-n-bake thing and carve up the opposition. Smoke routs and wheel routes, screens and draw plays should be fun to watch. C-Mac is a legitimate offensive weapon that I'm pretty sure will be used to acquire the most all-purpose yards on the team. Between him in space and on the outside, and Anderson running o  the inside and catching underneath, I really don't see how we'll be stopped with Olsen and the playmaking receivers. Provided Cam consistently goes through his progressions (and has time to), there should always be someone open when we're not running through the opposition. And, even if they possibly happen to cover Cam's plethora of weapons, Cam won't be. Our offense should be pick-your-poison on steroids. They damned sure don't want to leave C-Mac open, but you know that he's going to get open. He did last season, and that's without all the legitimate weapons.

Cmc has never been a power back. During his record year at Stanford they used a short yardage back near the goal line but cmc got 25 touches a game 

No way we run a North South game we did under Shula with our line. Both McCaffrey and Anderson are dual threat backs that can catch and rush. We probably will see a ton of misdirection with traps. I see us as a more passing offense this year than a rushing one simply because our line is not good at run blocking. 

There is a reason they have training camp and the preseason. Let's put them all in there and see what emerges. What happened last year or even before that shouldn't dictate what we do now or in the future. Let's see what happens when the bullets start to fly.

22 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I hope we roll with CMC as the starter. Anderson is a solid RB, but there’s a reason why Denver let him walk when it wasn’t going to cost a ton to keep him. He’s basically a JAG. Good backup, marginal starter type of guy. If a guy like that keeps CMC on the bench, it’ll be time to start pondering that “B” word.

It would likely be time to start considering the coach a disappointment, not the player.

A "bust" doesn't catch 80 balls as a rookie.

I hope that Ron trusts Norv enough to really use CMC correctly.

I have a feeling Anderson gets a lot of early down work, with McCaffrey the 3rd down back and change of pace guy, but I could be wrong. McCaffrey lined up all over the field last year so it's anyone's guess what Turner has in store for him.

8 minutes ago, hepcat said:

I have a feeling Anderson gets a lot of early down work, with McCaffrey the 3rd down back and change of pace guy, but I could be wrong.

If Ron "I would have taken a shot too" Rivera has any choice in the matter, you're probably right.

1 hour ago, Snake said:

No way we run a North South game we did under Shula with our line. Both McCaffrey and Anderson are dual threat backs that can catch and rush. We probably will see a ton of misdirection with traps. I see us as a more passing offense this year than a rushing one simply because our line is not good at run blocking. 

I looking forward to passing on first down.

2 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Anderson might not be a star or headline guy but good backups don't get 1,000 yards behind one of the worst olines in football. 

Archived