• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Earl Thomas trade demand drumbeat continues

Nails

4 hours ago, Nails said:

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/07/16/earl-thomas-asks-seahawks-either-to-extend-him-or-lets-make-a-trade-happen/

LOVE the toxicity in Seattle now.  Not unexpected but still love.

He’s attainable.  It’s that simple.  For a price of course.  But very attainable.

Yeah I think he is attainable but at what price.   Are we willing to bite?  Do we have $$$ to pay him?  Will he fit in our defense?  

I personally think he would help our defense be a top 5 defense.   He not only brings skills but he brings an attitude that our defense could use a little bit more of.

1 hour ago, Pup McBarky said:

We aren't paying him $12-14 million a year. I honestly don't know what he wants, but he's scheduled to make $8.5 million and isn't happy with that, and Eric Berry makes $13 million, so I'm guessing he wants that or more.

I'm thinking it's less the yearly # and wants the extension and guarantee. Lots of unknowns for him.

Give him 4 years $32m fully guaranteed and he's yours

16 minutes ago, Panthro said:

I'm thinking it's less the yearly # and wants the extension and guarantee. Lots of unknowns for him.

Give him 4 years $32m fully guaranteed and he's yours

Maybe for Dallas. I don't see him signing with Carolina for that, primarily because I don't see Carolina offering that. We don't invest in safeties under Rivera.

4 hours ago, Pup McBarky said:

Maybe for Dallas. I don't see him signing with Carolina for that, primarily because I don't see Carolina offering that. We don't invest in safeties under Rivera.

I think not investing in the secondary was more of a G-Man thing than an RR thing, but yeah, regardless, we aren't going to pay him what he wants to come here.

I'd love to have him, but honestly we can't afford him and I'm not sure that investing huge money into a 29 year old safety coming off a significant injury who seems to be on the decline would be a good idea anyway. When healthy, he's still one of the best in the league, but I think his best days are definitely behind him. He peaked around '13/'14 and hasn't been the same since.

13 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I'd love to have him, but honestly we can't afford him and I'm not sure that investing huge money into a 29 year old safety coming off a significant injury who seems to be on the decline would be a good idea anyway. When healthy, he's still one of the best in the league, but I think his best days are definitely behind him. He peaked around '13/'14 and hasn't been the same since.

He was first and second team All-Pro last year

5 hours ago, Adb6368 said:

Has one super bowl win ever created more arrogance than Seattle's? The whole team turned from potential dynasty to a bunch of self-absorbed egotists almost overnight. 

I live out here and it was like that way before their Super Bowl win. Since then it's only gotten so much worse.

Archived