• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Is it crazy to think that Pep and Hurney worked out that he would start TC on PUP?

Hotsauce

I don't think anyone would challenge Peppers and the coaches from just straight out sitting him for TC. I don't think there is a need to try and hide the fact that the dude is like 40 and needs to be saved for eating quarterbacks for breakfast on game day.

Did anyone actually think Peppers would participate in training camp or the preseason at all? He's 38 and a legend. He doesn't need the extra wear on his body, and is definitely on the Panthers on whatever terms he decides. We probably won't see him on the field until Week 1 and I think that's fine.

I know running back isn't the same as DE but J. Stewart had many preseason where he didn't participate and he was fine come regular season.

PEP will be around and will be in meetings and so forth.  Other than working on shaking the rust off I don't have too much concern with Pepper's spend the preseason on the PUP.  It would be nice to see him ready for week 3 or 4 of the preseason.

The benefit of this is now some of the questionable players will get some playing time with the first unit.  That would really help find out who is going to take the horns in the rotation.

2 hours ago, top dawg said:

I don't know, but doesn't putting him on PUP save a roster spot for a few weeks (if that is indeed the motive)?

1 hour ago, The Lobo said:

I think KB fan said that pre season PUP does count towards the 90 man roster. 

1 hour ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

Wouldn't we be able to add a player to the 90 man roster if he is on PUP?

I'm not 100% sure of this but I think The Lobo and KB Fan are right... Plus we've got several guys starting on PUP and still had to waive that DT to sign the TE.

Archived