• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

A few early observations...

Jeremy Igo

Damiere Byrd is hot and cold. So far not the strong showing he needs.

Cam for the most part looks sharp, zero concerns from me.

Heinicke would have gotten his receivers killed today when he took most the second string snaps. 

Gilbert actually looks pretty good, much stronger arm than DA. My concerns here have lessened.

Andre Smith is getting plenty of second string reps with the defense and looks the part.

DJ Moore on kick and/or punt returns will be very productive. He is getting reps at both.

As expected, TEs and Fullbacks are super active out there. Can't wait to see Armah in pads tomorrow laying wood.

Offensive coaching seems more assertive this year.  Plenty of vocal corrections happening out there, some explicit.

Rivera is not bluffing when he says CMC is the man this year if practice reps are any indication. CMC putting work in.

Olsen is quietly having one of his better camps as a Panther. Big play after big play.

Ian Thomas impressive again today, that's two days in a row.

2 minutes ago, Jeremy Igo said:

Heinicke would have gotten his receivers killed today when he took most the second string snaps. 

Gilbert actually looks pretty good, much stronger arm than DA. My concerns here have lessened.

Andre Smith is getting plenty of second string reps with the defense and looks the part.

DJ Moore on kick and/or punt returns will be very productive. He is getting reps at both.

As expected, TEs and Fullbacks are super active out there. Can't wait to see Armah in pads tomorrow laying wood.

Offensive coaching seems more assertive this year.  Plenty of vocal corrections happening out there, some explicit.

Rivera is not bluffing when he says CMC is the man this year if practice reps are any indication. CMC putting work in.

Olsen is quietly having one of his better camps as a Panther. Big play after big play.

Jeremy, can I post photos/video from camp here? Planning to share some of my thoughts as well each of these 3 days I’m here. 

Couple brief thoughts that many others have shared:

- Ian Thomas looks unbelievable for a mid/late round rookie TE, especially a position that is a tough transition. Extremely extremely excited about him.

- DJ Moore looks quick and smooth but did have several drops in individual drills early on and coaches chewed him out a few times, one time after running a comeback 2 yards short

- Torrey Smith had some drops as well and some not so pretty body catches, but that was expected with him. Probably not gonna change either but like Ginn was he could still be huge for us

- Olsen looks 100% out there, the ankle injury in the past

- Spoke to Donte Jackson after while he was signing kids autographs... Said NFL so far is just like college “just football,” no WR will get in his head and him and Cam have exchanged some words... And Funch is hardest WR to cover 

42 minutes ago, Jeremy Igo said:

Literally just read yesterday that Byrd hauled in 5 impressive catches. 

20 minutes ago, t96 said:

Jeremy, can I post photos/video from camp here? Planning to share some of my thoughts as well each of these 3 days I’m here. 

Couple brief thoughts that many others have shared:

- Ian Thomas looks unbelievable for a mid/late round rookie TE, especially a position that is a tough transition. Extremely extremely excited about him.

- DJ Moore looks quick and smooth but did have several drops in individual drills early on and coaches chewed him out a few times, one time after running a comeback 2 yards short

- Torrey Smith had some drops as well and some not so pretty body catches, but that was expected with him. Probably not gonna change either but like Ginn was he could still be huge for us

- Olsen looks 100% out there, the ankle injury in the past

- Spoke to Donte Jackson after while he was signing kids autographs... Said NFL so far is just like college “just football,” no WR will get in his head and him and Cam have exchanged some words... And Funch is hardest WR to cover 

You have permission, go ahead

5 minutes ago, Panthera onca said:

Jackson has some serious humble pie heading his way.

Agreed. He’s way too cocky for a rookie in my opinion. Confidence is great. Overestimation of ones own talent compared to vets who have been there done this for years, not so much. I really do like the kid though and he got first team reps today.

Archived