• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What are your Top 5 Movies All Time?

Shocker

What are your Top movies all time?

Mine:

1. Alien 

2. Star Wars

3. Goodfellas

4. Shawshank Redemption

5. The Thing

For me these movies had the biggest impact...The Exorcist maybe had the largest impact but wasn't my favorite...that movie (saw it at age 7) almost fuggin destroyed my mind.  Scariest shet ever, but again not  top 5 for me.  If you are wondering how I saw Alien, Exorcist at such a young age say hello to HBO...it was new back then but damn loved it.  Also, saw The Shining in the theater, wasn't scary at all at the time.  Phantasm is another one that had me fuggin terrified.

Greatest sequel has to be Empire Strikes Back with Aliens right up there for me.  Rocky 2 was pretty fuggin amazing too.

Greatest old as hell movie is King Kong...that one is amazing for it's time.  Frankenstein is really close and damn near perfection.

Most obscure movie I have seen in a theater: Laserblast - actually liked it too.  Also At Earths Core at the drive in...lol.

1) Cloud Atlas (2012)
2) Casablanca (1942)
3) Gone With the Wind (1939)
4) Pan’s Labyrinth (2006)
5) The Shawshank Redemption (1994)

The top two are pretty well set for me.  There are really about twelve films after that though that can go in almost any order depending on when you ask me.

You mentioned best sequel.  It is The Godfather Part II and it is not even close.  I love Aliens, which you mentioned, and it is better than any other ever made, but this is just a different level thing going on.

The Matrix

Terminator 2

Interstellar

Spotlight

The Ninth Gate

These are my top 5 favorite. Not necessarily the greatest of all time. If you want the top 5 of all time I'd probably pick 5 out of the top 15 on IMDB.

Honorable mention goes to The Big Short.

Update: If I had to pick the 5 greatest of all time out of IMDB's top 15...

The Shawshank Redemption

The Godfather Part 1

Empire Strikes Back

Dark Knight

Forrest Gump

11 hours ago, Dex said:

The Matrix

Terminator 2

Interstellar

Spotlight

The Ninth Gate

These are my top 5 favorite. Not necessarily the greatest of all time. If you want the top 5 of all time I'd probably pick 5 out of the top 15 on IMDB.

Honorable mention goes to The Big Short.

Update: If I had to pick the 5 greatest of all time out of IMDB's top 15...

The Shawshank Redemption

The Godfather Part 1

Empire Strikes Back

Dark Knight

Forrest Gump

Damn honestly I concur on your first 3.

Top 5 No Particular Order

1. Gladiator

2. Interstellar

3. The Matrix

4. The Dark Knight Rises - I have this over TDK because I think it is probably the greatest ending to a trilogy there is. The soundtrack was dope and it's the first time we see Batman truly lose

5. Star Wars ( Right now probably ROTJ or Revenge of the Sith)

Top 10 would be a lot easier. Honorably mentions

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 1990

Goodfellas

Scarface ( The original from the 1930's)

2001 Space Odyssey 

The Dark Knight

T2

The Departed

Interview with a Vampire

There's just too many movies lol

On 8/4/2018 at 10:56 PM, Goondal said:

1) Cloud Atlas (2012)
2) Casablanca (1942)
3) Gone With the Wind (1939)
4) Pan’s Labyrinth (2006)
5) The Shawshank Redemption (1994)

The top two are pretty well set for me.  There are really about twelve films after that though that can go in almost any order depending on when you ask me.

You mentioned best sequel.  It is The Godfather Part II and it is not even close.  I love Aliens, which you mentioned, and it is better than any other ever made, but this is just a different level thing going on.

Godfather Part II definitely, though other ones like Terminator 2, Dawn of the Planet of the Apes, LOTR Two Towers, X-men 2, John Wick 2, etc are up there for me.   

Casablanca

Dead Poets Society

The Godfather

Gladiator

Good Will Hunting

Others: Saving Private Ryan, Unforgiven, The Good The Bad The Ugly, Forrest Gump, Empire Strikes Back, The Green Mile, Jaws, Sound of Music, August Rush

It really depends on the genre... Too hard to pick a top 5 overall because I like lots of movies a whole lot. So, here's my top 5 critically underrated/overlooked sci-fi films

1. Coherence

2. The Island

3. The Signal (2014)

4. Moon

5. No Escape (1994)

1 hour ago, Bronn said:

It really depends on the genre... Too hard to pick a top 5 overall because I like lots of movies a whole lot. So, here's my top 5 critically underrated/overlooked sci-fi films

1. Coherence

2. The Island

3. The Signal (2014)

4. Moon

5. No Escape (1994)

Have not seen any of these. Looked at Moon and Coherence before but didn't get around to watching. The Island seems interesting. Thanks for the list, will have to check them out. 

Archived