• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Some Offensive Linemen Available For Trade Via SI's Albert Breer

bobsfoodbasics

Who could be moved? Colts OT Austin Howard, Raiders OT Jylan Ware, Eagles OG Chance Warmack and Bears C Hroniss Grasu were among the names I’ve heard as available, with Howard and Warmack carrying extensive starting experience.

https://www.si.com/nfl/2018/08/27/philadelphia-eagles-doug-pederson-super-bowl-lii-defense-hangover-carson-wentz-injury-week-1?

Warmack was a high draft pick but from what I've read of him he just doesn't seem to be very good.

If I remember correctly, Howard has made the rounds with a couple of teams. One of those "we think he can be good" guys but it just doesn't seem to happen.

Only way you'd trade with cuts so close is if you really want a guy. I'm not sure anybody on that list would be that desirable.

11 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I remember that draft when Jonathan Cooper and Chance Warmack both went top 10 as OGs. I thought it was insane at the time and it looks 100x worse in retrospect now that they're both confirmed busts.

Lord have mercy...

I forget. Was that the draft where a pretty significant portion of the top 10 or 15 were all busts?

I know we had one of those not too long ago.

4 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Lord have mercy...

I forget. Was that the draft where a pretty significant portion of the top 10 or 15 were all busts?

I know we had one of those not too long ago.

Feast... err avert.... your eyes. The 2013 NFL Draft:

Rnd. Pick # NFL team Player Pos. College Conf. Notes
  1 1 Kansas City Chiefs Eric Fisher  OT Central Michigan MAC [11]
  1 2 Jacksonville Jaguars Luke Joeckel  OT Texas A&M SEC  
  1 3 Miami Dolphins Dion Jordan  DE Oregon Pac-12 from Oakland [R1 - 1]
  1 4 Philadelphia Eagles Lane Johnson  OT Oklahoma Big 12  
  1 5 Detroit Lions Ezekiel Ansah  DE BYU Ind. (FBS)  
  1 6 Cleveland Browns Barkevious Mingo  DE LSU SEC  
  1 7 Arizona Cardinals Jonathan Cooper  G North Carolina ACC  
  1 8 St. Louis Rams Tavon Austin  RB West Virginia Big 12 from Buffalo [R1 - 2]
  1 9 New York Jets Dee Milliner  CB Alabama SEC  
  1 10 Tennessee Titans Chance Warmack  G Alabama SEC  
  1 11 San Diego Chargers D. J. Fluker  OT Alabama SEC  
  1 12 Oakland Raiders D. J. Hayden  CB Houston C-USA from Miami [R1 - 3]
  1 13 New York Jets Sheldon Richardson  DT Missouri SEC from Tampa Bay [R1 - 4]
  1 14 Carolina Panthers Star Lotulelei  DT Utah Pac-12  
  1 15 New Orleans Saints Kenny Vaccaro  S Texas Big 12

41 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Warmack was a high draft pick but from what I've read of him he just doesn't seem to be very good.

If I remember correctly, Howard has made the rounds with a couple of teams. One of those "we think he can be good" guys but it just doesn't seem to happen.

Only way you'd trade with cuts so close is if you really want a guy. I'm not sure anybody on that list would be that desirable.

Chance was really bad, he had one stretch of games where he was a solid run blocker, but after than it was done. The titans coaching staff gave up on him early. Plus with his injury issue and this whole insurance policy bit, he has just been viewed as a replaceable roster spot.

2 hours ago, Paintballr said:

Teams aren’t going to trade for anyone this week until cuts happen. 

Sure they would.  Knowing they are going to get cut it would likely be a conditional 7th but it's a common play to grab a player before he hits the waiver wire.  Think the Kevin Norwood trade with Seattle a couple years back.

1 hour ago, trueblade said:

Sure makes that Star pick look like a steal, doesn't it?

Archived