• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Run defense concern

jamos14

Just now, Davidson Deac II said:

Gaulden played about 25% of the snaps yesterday.  He was a problem, but he certainly wasn't the only problem.  For example, Luke K uncharastically missed a few tackles that he would normally make. 

agreed. I was replying to the individual who was mentioning that we should put gaulden on the field bc mannerly was a problem.

People need to remember this is only the 2nd game of the season and starters see very little playing time in the preseason and they don't hit in practice anymore.  Our D will be top 5 this year and will be fine.  Yesterday was just an off day and even Luke was missing tackles and he is probably one of the best tacklers in the history of the game.  

1 hour ago, TheCasillas said:

Gaulden was the problem yesterday.....

He got washed on a couple of plays. However, the damage was done before he came in for Searcy. The Falcons abused the strong side of the defense. Mayo, Shaq, Luke, and Adams should be called to the carpet before Gaulden. 

I'd prefer Norris, Smith or Carter Jr next week on the outside.  They're all quicker than Mayo.  The lack of speed mixed in with some poor DL play did us in.  

Butler was in a ton and we had rotations not suited against the run I.E.: Addison-Butler-Short-Horton

Andre Smith/Norris/Carter Jr. and Bryan Cox Jr. should be looked to get increased reps this week.    

5 minutes ago, Mage said:

I don’t think we should be concerned unless it starts happening on a regular basis.  Our run defense has consistently been good under Ron. It’s more likely this past week was an abberration 

It wont happen until they put someone at OLB faster than Mayo. If there is no one on the practice squad, then until Davis is back after the Giants game, teams will run it over and over again

3 hours ago, Dave Gettleman's Shorts said:

Mayo has no business playing OLB. Too unathletic and slow to play outside.

Fixed it for you.  Love the guy, love his story, but he was a liability yesterday. 

Can't help but thing J. carter would have put up more of a fight.

Archived