• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Daryl Williams not likely to return from IR, according to Steve Reed

Saca312

Sucks but not exactly surprising. Let this guy rest up and get that knee right.

I just wonder if we plan on letting him walk and see Moton as our future at RT? I wish we'd give Moton a real serious look at LT because I think there's a legit chance that we have our starting OTs for the rest of Cam's career already on the roster and that would give us some huge roster/draft freedom if that's the case.

3 minutes ago, Biscuit said:

Going to make for interesting contract negotiations.

Sucks for Daryl, but either way I think he's going to end up fetching wuite a bit less than he would've had he been able to have another healthy and good performing season. NFL teams really only have one year of perfoance to go off of and he'll be a year and two knee injuries removed from that. Not sure what his market will be, but he might be best off in the long run to bet on himself and sign a one year prove it deal and hit the market again following '19 as opposed to signing mid-level multi-year deal. Probably depends on his priorities. He can probably sign a deal that would have him set for life if he wants that or he could roll the dice and try to set himself up to sign a deal that would have his family set for generations following '19.

3 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Sucks for Daryl, but either way I think he's going to end up fetching wuite a bit less than he would've had he been able to have another healthy and good performing season. NFL teams really only have one year of perfoance to go off of and he'll be a year and two knee injuries removed from that. Not sure what his market will be, but he might be best off in the long run to bet on himself and sign a one year prove it deal and hit the market again following '19 as opposed to signing mid-level multi-year deal. Probably depends on his priorities. He can probably sign a deal that would have him set for life if he wants that or he could roll the dice and try to set himself up to sign a deal that would have his family set for generations following '19.

How sure are we that he's going to be healthy in future seasons?

I don't think that's guaranteed at this point.

1 minute ago, Mr. Scot said:

How sure are we that he's going to be healthy in future seasons?

I don't think that's guaranteed at this point.

Doesn't sound like any of these injuries are actually all that serious. No mention of damage to the "big stuff". ACL, patellar ligament, etc.

There's never any guarantee of health for a football player, but in terms of long-term prognosis I don't see teams devaluing him too much. I think only one year of performance and being a year removed from that will hurt his value more than injury concern.

Archived