• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Eric Reid Press Conference

Saca312

How dare athletes have opinions and wish to express them in a massive venue that interrupts my privileged enjoyment of a mostly minority league full of men who hit each other as hard as humanly possible, which has been proven to shorten their lives.  Pardon me while I find my black friends to talk about the importance of following a strict code of conduct around the flag while I wear my American flag shirt, shoes, sock, man thong, and other flag apparel.

Eric Reid and Kaep aren't wrong.  If they want to make that point in a non-violent, respectful way by kneeling, but then using their press appearances to promote their views, how can anyone have a real problem with that?  You disagree, you are welcome to ignore it.  It's nice when you don't have to worry about other people's problems.  

The worst thing you can do if you disapprove of kneeling for the flag (or anything you don't like) is to talk about it and make a big deal.  The bigger the deal you make, the bigger the issue becomes.  Why haven't some of you figured that out yet?

13 minutes ago, MillionDollarCam said:

Good for him for speaking from the heart and being honest.

I didn’t detect that he was frustrated by the questions but after having to say the same thing multiple times to reporters trying to get a rise out of him, he had every right to be frustrated. Props to the female reporter who actually asked him football questions.

Everything he said was factual and I’m impressed that he even noted the differences between the distribution of the G.I. Bill between African-Americans and Caucasian’s after WWII. 

I personally don’t agree with how he handles the oppression as I feel that we won’t truly respect each other as people until we address issues as people rather than through division. However, I respect his right to protest in whatever way he sees fit as long as it is legal.

He’s going to be a great addition to the secondary.

Everything he said was factual and I’m impressed that he even noted the differences between the distribution of the G.I. Bill between African-Americans and Caucasian’s after WWII. 

Factual, but how is this relevant to today, and his job with the Panthers?  There are truly many events that transpired 70 years ago, but they are not ongoing.  African-Americans thankfully have every opportunity (and he is one taking advantage of that) for advancement and success, that they surely didn't have back then.  This evolution in progress should be kept in mind, too. 

He spoke as a mercenary ("the money was better"); I'd have preferred he expressed some joy at getting another job, with a truly fine organization, and deflected questions to football topics, and how he was gonna try to contribute to make the team better.  Here's hoping he does.  If so, his actions on the field will speak louder than any of his words.

I will never understand people who have a meltdown because someone is trying to use their voice for a good cause.  You're the ones creating the unnecessary controversy over this. Some people don't want to go through life feeling like they only tried to make money, and never tried to make a difference.   I only care what he does on the football field, and if he wants to protest or talk about his cause to the media, so what?  

5 minutes ago, NAS said:

I will never understand people who have a meltdown because someone is trying to use their voice for a good cause.  You're the ones creating the unnecessary controversy over this. Some people don't want to go through life feeling like they only tried to make money, and never tried to make a difference.   I only care what he does on the football field, and if he wants to protest or talk about his cause to the media, so what?  

Because not everyone wants to rehash civil rights every moment of their life. I'm all for the guy not working with the NFL or not supporting the NFL at all. I'm ok with him starting a fund to fight injustice, but I don’t like to hear about his opinions on it. I rather hear his opinion on football. 

11 minutes ago, bigdavis said:

Factual, but how is this relevant to today, and his job with the Panthers?  There are truly many events that transpired 70 years ago, but they are not ongoing.  African-Americans thankfully have every opportunity (and he is one taking advantage of that) for advancement and success, that they surely didn't have back then.  This evolution in progress should be kept in mind, too. 

He spoke as a mercenary ("the money was better"); I'd have preferred he expressed some joy at getting another job, with a truly fine organization, and deflected questions to football topics, and how he was gonna try to contribute to make the team better.  Here's hoping he does.  If so, his actions on the field will speak louder than any of his words.

Let me ask you this, why does it matter if it’s relevant to his job?

I talk football at my job and I talk politics at my job, my job has nothing to do with either. The only difference is I don’t have a podium.

He has a right to say just about whatever he wants save yelling terrorist in an airport or fire in a building that’s not burning. Restricting anything else is limiting his rights as an American citizen.

It’s funny how we are so quick to point out our own rights at the same time we are restricting others’ rights.

4 minutes ago, Cam2Ligit2Quit said:

I’m fine being uncomfortable. Just because a cause dose not affect me dose not mean the messenger needs to be shut up. I don’t hear anyone telling nfl to keep healthcare awareness ( breast cancer month) off the stadium on game day. They can promote breast cancer awareness on Tuesday till Saturday (excluding Thursday ) instead of making me uncomfortable 

First, I am not uncomfortable with what Kap, Reid and others are protesting.... I will and can debate some of the b.s in it and more political nature of the whole thing; but I am also not going to discount what many say is an existing problem.  Second... I am not asking anyone to shut up.  These athletes have a platform they can use in many ways during the off season and outside of the stadium. (of which they all do very little to none of as it relates to the issue they scream to want fixed.  I am still waiting for some details of actionable items they want to see implemented or for them to work directly with law enforcement, again, to implement solutions).  

Bottom line for me is we are inundated with politics, issues, protests 24/7 ... People go to a movie, watch sports (ie after 9-11) for a small time to step away from that.  HENCE why I simply say.. do your protesting and activism outside the three hours on Sunday.  

26 minutes ago, Sam Mills Fan said:

Off-topic: Huddle, you're really serving banner ads for Ashley Madison now? Do better.

On-topic: If I see any of you trolls boo Reid on Sunday, get ready for a drunken headbutt.

Off-topic:  You do realize that banner ads are displayed according to your cookies and personal browsing history.  LMAO

Archived