• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Sorry not sorry - Matt Kalil is an upgrade over Chris Clark, and I don’t think it’s close

Saca312

The eye test tells me that Matt Kalil doesn’t even want to play.  I’ve never seen someone so disinterested on the field.  Or the fact that when he’s solely responsible for Cam getting crushed, he doesn’t even appear to be sorry or fired up to protect his QB.  Maybe I’ve got him pegged all wrong, but his demeanor sucks.  

2 minutes ago, Chaos said:

The eye test tells me that Matt Kalil doesn’t even want to play.  I’ve never seen someone so disinterested on the field.  Or the fact that when he’s solely responsible for Cam getting crushed, he doesn’t even appear to be sorry or fired up to protect his QB.  Maybe I’ve got him pegged all wrong, but his demeanor sucks.  

And that is an issue that hasn’t been addressed. It’s JMO but him needing two months off for “sudden knee soreness” doesn’t add up. At a time we were desperate for OT help. 

14 minutes ago, Chaos said:

He definitely does not seem to love football at all... Ryan has played through pain for most of his career (I'm sure some this year as well)...

That being said, I am glad he will hopefully be "healthy" for a stretch run.  Clark has played his tail off, but we need another option at tackle even if it is Matt Kalil

1 hour ago, mc52beast said:

So basically we have SpeedBump vs PotHole

we already know what we have in SpeedBump... penalties and Cam either running for his life or hurrying throws

Im hoping that as PotHole gets more time that he is at least serviceable 

The thing about clark is he is old. He is going to continue to trend downward as the season progresses.

Kalil is garbage. Unless something happens, Kalil is probably going to look just as bad. I’d rather have Clark. Weve heard every excuse in the book about why Kalil can’t get it done. Oh he’s hurt, oh he’s not healthy. Clark was sitting at home 4 weeks ago. It takes time, learning the offense and getting in football shape. And Fletcher Cox ain’t no push over, nor is the rest of that defense.

11 hours ago, RumHam said:

Both are garbage. But since Moton isn't left handed and that's the excuse we get it won't happen. It certainly has become apparent that the reason the deep pass hasn't been happening has been the protection and the PFT stats are inflated because Cam has gotten rid of it quickly or been forced to take off.

I think it's more that as bad as Clark/Kalil are at LT, they are even worse on the right side...

Archived