• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Sorry not sorry - Matt Kalil is an upgrade over Chris Clark, and I don’t think it’s close

Saca312

Yep. Chris Clark did pretty bad against the Eagles. Like not just one time bad flashes like Matt Kalil. Like consistently getting beat Byron Bell style.

He’s also been beat the week before. And, lowkey been bad since the Bengals.

Hopefully Matt Kalil gets the nod to start soon. While he’s bad, he’s able to sustain drives of being good while he’ll have his 1 or 2 mishaps we all remember. 

Clark played very admirably well for a couple of weeks for a guy signed off the couch mid-season, but yeah, it's getting progressively worse each week. A couple weeks ago, I wanted no part of Matt Kalil back in the starting lineup but yeah, he's an improvement over Clark if healthy. I just really, really hope that we see that Moton at LT and Williams at RT is the future.

Stop with Moton.  Look, it's pretty easy to tell right now that Moton is our best tackle - forget about which side.  Moton is the best healthy tackle on our roster.

The real question isn't Moton.  The question is:  Who is the second best tackle on our roster right now?

That's what we need to get sorted out.  Moton can play either side, this we know.  We have to figure out who that second best player is so we can get that person on the field and let Moton fill in the blank.

Both are garbage. But since Moton isn't left handed and that's the excuse we get it won't happen. It certainly has become apparent that the reason the deep pass hasn't been happening has been the protection and the PFT stats are inflated because Cam has gotten rid of it quickly or been forced to take off.

Clark has been bad for weeks, as per usual Cam is making the line look better than it is, and credit to Norv's play calling and McCaffrey's effectiveness as a runner for slowing down the rush. Yeah, Kalil should be better when he gets back, and maybe we're able to rip off a few more big passing plays.

Remember before the season the plan was to have Moton at left guard, Williams at left tackle and Kalil and right tackle. That all went out the window due to injury and the only reason the line is even serviceable is because Moton is a goddamn freak. He might end up being the richest tackle in football in a few years. 

Also Roten isn't playing bad enough to lose his job, but he hasn't been great either. I always believed Larsen might have better at left guard but I guess we still want to save him as that swing backup lineman.

Left side was getting worked most of the game.  Micheal Bennett was a wrecking crew.  It was baaaaaaad.  Cam has to throw the ball from a pocket the size of a linen closet. That’s not sustainable and that’s part of the reason you see these “consistency” issues.

Sorry not sorry...Kalil isn't better.  Push at best.  Personally, I'd give the edge to Clark.  Yeah, he got beat on Sunday.  Philly got a great front.  You seriously acting like Kalil wouldn't of been beaten equally or worse? 

Archived