• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

You all are really overestimating the chances Ron is gone

MVPccaffrey

Coaches should get a pass when superstars get injured and wreck the season, or they are gutted in FA following a great year.  That poo happens all the time.  But when you look at our talent and then how we have been flat out outcoached on multiple occasions and the lack of effort or discipline, sorry that's coaching and it's inexcusable. 

4 minutes ago, Tbe said:

Honestly, I haven’t seen any compelling alternatives. 

If Ron is fired, he’ll be the best option on the market. That should tell you something.

I think it’s far more likely Hurney gets the boot this year.

I am torn on Hurney. On one hand, I hate the man for what he did to us last go around. One the second, I really like this years draft and think he's done a good job. 

1 hour ago, Camvp said:

Much more likely that Hurney is let go, and a months long GM search is conducted with Ron left in place to steer the ship, and then if he doesn't perform up to expectations in 2019, the new GM can then easily let him go and find his own man.

You are assuming a win in on Sunday.  Your base assumption is out the window with a loss this weekend.

2 hours ago, Camvp said:

Ron is what, 23-7, 23-8 in the months of December?  This team isn't going to roll over and lose out; have some perspective.

Tepper isn't posting "Fire Ron!!!!" in the game threads like a bunch of you here and living and dying with every play.  Just like Saints owner didn't let Payton go after three straight 7-9 seasons, Tepper isn't gonna judge Rivera based off a quarter season stretch of close losses.

This team has not had a great season except for the last four games, they have struggled all year. We were very lucky to be 6-2. 

Archived