• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Speculation on Peppers' Return

SOJA

Elite players are elite because of unique physical traits that make them better than average.

Guys like Reggie White and Peppers can outlast and outplay JAGS of any age. That's why they are elite and that's why DE's with high upside have come and gone while Pep is still productive.

All you guys want new this new that but there is no guarantee all this new pieces will be elite. Elite players dont grow on trees and draftees aren't sure to become elite, that's a crap shoot.

What if most of you got your wish and Shaq replaced TD?!? Disaster! Until you can find a better Luke, TD, Pep replacing top players with rookies and JAGs is an act of futility.

You think this team sucks now?!? Tear it all apart and see what happens. This team has too many holes to tear everything apart and let "old" players go who are still better than your JAGS. They don't grow on trees.

7 hours ago, SOJA said:

His wife posted on Instagram yesterday saying they want one more season for Christmas. 

One of her friends (I assume) posted "u want one more lol" 

She responded with "I've been talked into it."

On the contrary, it seemed like the panthers media heavily hinted yesterday might be Peps last home game. Maybe the poster who has a legit source with peppers could comment 

Screenshot_2018-12-24-13-05-18.png

Pep looks really sharp in his red suit.  

9 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

Somebody who's not pushing 40.

No, we're not going to remake the entire line in a single offseason, but I do think it's time we got started.

what if we draft a DE in the first? a year of Pep mentoring while being the DE #4 wouldnt be the end of the world. I have more faith in him to get to the QB than Cox or Obada.

I think some are still forgetting that Pep didn't come into the season 100%, having come off shoulder surgery.  Honestly, imagine signing Clowney and having Pep play a situational role or Wes Horton's role...  that would be ideal.  The problem is, we came into the season with him not being 100%, playing limited snaps, and yet still expected him to be among our best pass rushers per snap.  He's still got something in the tank, but he needs his role to be appropriate and snaps limited.

I'm all for cutting the fat where needed, but Pep would still be fantastic in a lesser role, so long as we upgrade talent at the position overall.

Archived