• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Youth movement is needed now. Let go of your emotional attachments.

Jeremy Igo

1 minute ago, MVPccaffrey said:

We had a GM that agreed with this mentality, until our former pervert owner fired him for not wanting to re-sign a few of his dinner buddies.

We have the same guy to thank for Matt Kalil, and Vernon Butler, so pick your poison.

11 minutes ago, The Natural said:

It's going to take awhile to fix the mess Gettleman left behind. I'm not sure Hurney is the guy to do it either. The way Gettleman completely destroyed a 15 win team in a single HORRENDOUS offseason will never leave my mind. 

Saw your name. Wanted to come in and see what crap you had to spew about Gettleman. You have a one track mind

3 hours ago, Jeremy Igo said:

I'm hoping they are already on the roster. Gaulden's showed promise. Corn did also at nickel, but was forced to play outside corner which he should not be playing 

I like them both and hope they're both in the mix. Admittedly i think Gaulden offers more but I'm open to them both being better with more PT. I still think despite their presence, and J. Carter, we could add more speed at DB and OLB 

I'm not sure the consensus but i feel like this last draft was great and probably has my expectations too high for what we can expect from young players going forward. If we can get another draft where we find young defensive and oline talent that contributes the same way Thomas, Moore, Jackson, and Gaulden have then I'll be very happy. But that's always the hope, so it's moot i guess

3 hours ago, Jeremy Igo said:

Peppers, Davis, Olsen, Adams, etc etc

The Panthers need to move on and get young. They can't do that by hanging on to vets that have been fan favorites for so long.

Please let's not spend another entire season watching older guys unable to match speed or get injured again. 

We have wastes so much of Cam's time as it is. Hell, we might not even have Cam back the way he was at all. 

Let's find some young guys that are hungry. The sun has set on the current core.

The sun has more than set, it’s been pitch black for two years, Hurney doesn’t even know what the sun looks like.

32 minutes ago, uncfan888 said:

Saw your name. Wanted to come in and see what crap you had to spew about Gettleman. You have a one track mind

If you are too blind to see the wreckage that Gettleman left behind, no one can help you. Simply go through his draft picks and tell me besides a handful of guys what he did besides destroy this team. I will give him credit for correcting our cap disparity but he was a miserable GM. He should have been fired for his dealings with Gross, Smitty, the Batman and more. His inability to draft DL, OL, DB or WR left us with a multiyear fix. There is no defense of his reign of terror.

1 hour ago, MVPccaffrey said:

We had a GM that agreed with this mentality, until our former pervert owner fired him for not wanting to re-sign a few of his dinner buddies.

Gettle knew how to cut ties, find great, cheap options in FAs to fill holes and structure contracts like no other (besides Matt Khalil but that was JR o believe). 

However he can’t draft and that’s a huge deal for the future and going young. He also doesn’t have the vision or realization to successfully resign players we need, such as Norman.

Archived