• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Youth movement is needed now. Let go of your emotional attachments.

Jeremy Igo

1 minute ago, Car123 said:

NONE OF THE PLAYERS WERE BAD. Where did I state that the contracts weren't bad??

We did not sign Breeland so it's stupid to bring him up. We could have signed him instead of Poe, I agree, but who would have replaced Star?

Beason played 5 games. That’s bad. Especially when he was coming off major injury already. Godfrey was bad. But the problem was the value lost in all of them. If you’re using 20M of your cap on a player who gives you a 3-4M performance, that’s where teams fall apart. 

We could have just played Kyle Love more and any backup 1-technique from around the league and been equally as productive. And had a impact FS. 

How about addressing that beautiful Olsen extension? 7.4M when he walks away. Why would any sane GM do that? 

16 minutes ago, Toomers said:

Beason played 5 games. That’s bad. Especially when he was coming off major injury already. Godfrey was bad. But the problem was the value lost in all of them. If you’re using 20M of your cap on a player who gives you a 3-4M performance, that’s where teams fall apart. 

We could have just played Kyle Love more and any backup 1-technique from around the league and been equally as productive. And had a impact FS. 

How about addressing that beautiful Olsen extension? 7.4M when he walks away. Why would any sane GM do that? 

They weren't bad. 

That might have worked. Again, I expect Poe and the defense to bounce back with a better coordinator.

Olsen didn't have an injury history and we didn't have a replacement. You wanted us to remove another of Cam's weapons? Anyway, if Olsen is healthy we can run a true two TE system next season.

10 minutes ago, Car123 said:

They weren't bad. 

That might have worked. Again, I expect Poe and the defense to bounce back with a better coordinator.

Olsen didn't have an injury history and we didn't have a replacement. You wanted us to remove another of Cam's weapons? Anyway, if Olsen is healthy we can run a true two TE system next season.

Nothing in that makes it sensible to give 12M guaranteed to a player who could retire(healthy or not) at any minute. So you have no problem losing 7.4M if Greg hits the broadcast booth. Was that an intelligent decision?

16 hours ago, MHS831 said:

My demands (in no specific order):

1. A DE who can put the QB on his arse about 12-14 times per year.

1st round

2. A Nose Tackle who can play the nose well and tackle

3rd round

3. A Center (Smart and tough)

2nd round

4. A Left Tackle (Clark and Kalil are embarrassing)

Moton

5.  A Free Safety (I'd even pay for one)

Free Agency

6. A strong Safety (Adams sucked balls this year)

Eric Reid 

7.  A nickel (Captain was streaky at best--too old)

2nd 3rd round pick

8. An OLB (Don't  re-sign Thompson)

Re-sign Shaq

9. A backup RB (Someone who does not cut the play book in half)

Resign CAP

10. A 3-tech DT (If KK does not want to play, we need someone who does)

KK

11. Another DE  (Great draft for DE--we can grab one early and one in the third)

You already asked for this... is this 2 DEs? Maybe 4th round flyer + Mario

12. A WR (to go with Moore, Samuel, Wright)

Byrd

Wanted to see if I could take care of the list.

*pats myself on the back*

I think a big question that needs answered is what is the plan for Gaulden?

he played nickle in college and that is a need due to  the poor play of Munnerlyn.

Adams is done. Reid could be gone or who knows maybe he will be back. Same for Colin Jones.

safety is a need. 

Is Gaulden going to play nickle or safety? Sure there are lots of hybrids who play nickle and safety.

Gaulden is 6-0 so he is tall enough to play outside corner as well. I don’t know if he can play outside corner well but he does have the size to do so.

due to the lack of depth at all DB positions I could see Gaulden playing any DB position. 

Even if Reid and Jones are resigned and Munnerlyn isn’t cut there still will be depth issues.

It all comes down to what the coaching staff thinks. 

The development of Gaulden will play a major role in the future of the Panthers.

He could end up being a starter for a long time if he can progress enough. Then again he could be a bust and just add more holes to the roster.

either way Gaulden will have a major effect on the panthers.

17 hours ago, MHS831 said:

My demands (in no specific order):

1. A DE who can put the QB on his arse about 12-14 times per year.

2. A Nose Tackle who can play the nose well and tackle

3. A Center (Smart and tough)

4. A Left Tackle (Clark and Kalil are embarrassing)

5.  A Free Safety (I'd even pay for one)

6. A strong Safety (Adams sucked balls this year)

7.  A nickel (Captain was streaky at best--too old)

8. An OLB (Don't  re-sign Thompson)

9. A backup RB (Someone who does not cut the play book in half)

10. A 3-tech DT (If KK does not want to play, we need someone who does)

11. Another DE  (Great draft for DE--we can grab one early and one in the third)

12. A WR (to go with Moore, Samuel, Wright)

I'm gonna do everything I can to see that your demands are met, but I'm gonna need you to release at least one of the hostages first (as a gesture of good faith)

Alternative medicine are more accepted now a days due to it's promising results unlike pharmaceutical medicine, alternative medicine don't give negative effect such as kidney and liver problems when it comes to long term use. As for my alternative medicine usage, I use medical marijuana. Different strain has a variety of uses and effect depending on your needs. You may check this https://www.gyo.green/the-cali-connection-sfv-og-kush-con-sfv-f.html

9 hours ago, rentemailad742 said:

Alternative medicine are more accepted now a days due to it's promising results unlike pharmaceutical medicine, alternative medicine don't give negative effect such as kidney and liver problems when it comes to long term use. As for my alternative medicine usage, I use medical marijuana. Different strain has a variety of uses and effect depending on your needs. You may check this https://www.gyo.green/the-cali-connection-sfv-og-kush-con-sfv-f.html

But do you sell cheap high quality jerseys? 

Love Olsen but it seems like his body is breaking down and Ian Thomas has looked very promising so I agree.

Adams needs to go no question.

Pep and TD still have some football left in them and can help mold younger players so I would try to bring them back one more year on the cheap.

Pretty sure we all knew at the start of the season that it was a go all out or go home one. Too many old guys. It sucks to leave on a down note but that's how it goes. Personally I am ready for some new younger players to step up and hopefully get that same feeling we got when some of our stars were first starting out themselves.

On 12/31/2018 at 2:30 PM, Jeremy Igo said:

Oh, and someone please tell KK to either to actually try next season or return his paycheck.

He’s been, in my eyes, the biggest disappointment this season. I get it that the old guys are slowing down, and that UDFAs will struggle to block/tackle anyone, but a young, healthy, supposed-stud DL who just got paid as such shouldn’t get worked over like KK did. I expected a Pro Bowl-level season, and we barely got replacement-level performance from him. 

On 12/31/2018 at 2:41 PM, stbugs said:

Greg’s 2019 dead cap from that extension we gave us more than his cap hit so better to say goodbye after 2019. 

Hurney is aids.

On 12/31/2018 at 3:32 PM, Pissed-Off-Carolina-Chuck said:

You think???? 

But Hurndog will sign Pep, TD, and Adams!!!!!!!!

Hurney is aids.

On 12/31/2018 at 4:00 PM, RoaringRiot said:

Saves $3M to cut him

Hurney is aids.

On 12/31/2018 at 4:30 PM, je1005 said:

As long as Marty Hurney is running the front office, I wouldn’t get too excited about a youth movement. 

Hurney is aids.

52 minutes ago, OriginalPantherDan said:

He’s been, in my eyes, the biggest disappointment this season. I get it that the old guys are slowing down, and that UDFAs will struggle to block/tackle anyone, but a young, healthy, supposed-stud DL who just got paid as such shouldn’t get worked over like KK did. I expected a Pro Bowl-level season, and we barely got replacement-level performance from him. 

I wonder about the dynamics around KK---Poe just did not require the double team Star did and the lack of pass pressure from the outside allowed schemes to shut KK down. 

This was reflected in Luke's season as well. 

Do not be surprised to see a NT brought in---Poe could drop 10-20 lbs and get moved to the 3tech DT to play behind/with KK>

Archived