• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

CMC was 2nd in the league with 62 broken tackles this year

Ricky Spanish

https://www.footballoutsiders.com/2017/rotopass-broken-tackles

With a better broken tackle % than Zeke, Gurley, David Johnson, Mixon, and Kamara.

@KaseKlosed, Where you at?

On 8/30/2018 at 2:28 PM, KaseKlosed said:

CMC avgs 1.4 yards after contact. That is lowest 10 statistic in past decade in NFL..... =( He is a Slot WR / Scatback Not a true traditional running back

On 9/27/2018 at 11:04 AM, KaseKlosed said:

Lol nobody is hating.  My stance: kamara, kareem hunt, are better runningbacks.  Cmc, fozzy, tarik cohen, danny woodhead to me are scatbacks. They are not power running backs...  so please stfu. Dude had his first 100 yard rushing game thanks to his vision, great OL play and norv turner, and the threat of cam keeping the ball in a RPO. Yall not about to sit here and convince me cmc is in the same league as a Todd Gurley, Zeke, Bell, or even Alvin Kamara... so Great game to Cmc but yall clowns over hype him without giving credit to the rest of the squad 

On 11/4/2018 at 11:57 PM, KaseKlosed said:

CMC not a top 10 draft pick after watching other players at his position shine even brighter. Ppl love making these post after we play against a weak ass run defense. Lol let me see cmc vs a top 5 run defense then @ me.   

CMC Faced 3 of the top 5 and 7 of the top Half teams in Rush defense (Seattle was #13) and finished with 90 rushes for 432 yards for an average of 4.8 YPC and 3 touchdowns. 

For comparison's sake, Kamara faced 2 of the top 5 and 5 of the Top Half Rush defenses (Carolina was #12) and ended with 62 Rushes for 261 Yards, 4.20 YPC and 4 TD's. 

:Eyes_Emoji_42x42:

Credit where's it's due though, he did call this:

On 11/5/2018 at 12:40 PM, KaseKlosed said:

We could of had a better draft. CMC is good. However ya'll hyping him up as if he is a probowler. He is not. 

He's only the first alternate (ahead of Kamara) after the team kept him out at the end of the year and he still ended up 3rd in the league in yards from Scrimmage.

If he would have played the whole gam week 17 , I think he would have led the NFL in yards from scrimmage. Some people don't want to believe but CMC looks like he gets stronger with more touches. When he was at Stanford he also seemed to play better when he had more than 20 touches a game. I think case closed didn't understand CMC was only 21 his rookie season .

34 minutes ago, Hammerin'Cam1 said:

Aw it's super sad. You don't understand that part of the reason McCaffrey has such "good" stats is because of the sheer volume he received.

Come on, man. I call pure bullshit on this. With the kind of usage he got, his average arguably should have notably decreased, but his average as well as his production markedly increased. C-Mac absolutely is a top back in this league and exceptional football player overall. He hasn't even reached his prime which should be a wakeup call for any of a few stubborn doubters that may be left. He is the real deal!

1 hour ago, Mr. Scot said:

You haven't heard the argument that him being as good as he was actually hurt our offense? :thinking:

I'm not kidding. One of our resident dumbasses has actually been trying to put that out there :)

(I forget which one; does it matter?)

He just showed up in this thread...

Ive lost count of how many times on Sundays Ive turned to my son and asked, "Remember when I hated the McCaffery pick?"  Its a reccuring joke every time CMC does somthing great... and it never gets old

16 hours ago, Hammerin'Cam1 said:

Aw it's super sad. You don't understand that part of the reason McCaffrey has such "good" stats is because of the sheer volume he received.

Well of  course. Did you really think you said something intelligent?

Barkley and Elliiot had more total yards but also more touches. 

McCaffrey had the same or higher yards per carry than either of them or Gurley.

Barkley had 42 more rushes and Elliot had 85 more rushes.

McCaffrey had 26 more catches than Barkley and  30 more catches than Elliott.

So....the guys at the top of the total yards list were there because they had a lot of touches.

Look at this stuff before posting. Its all easily available.

Archived