• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

"won't be there" realistically

AU-panther

49 minutes ago, luke nukem said:

no but its shitty that Peyton ran a vanilla O and D on us because he knew he had nothing to gain from winning, why not make your division rival worse next year. He got exactly what he wanted. If they had gone out against a team who was actually competing and won It would be a different story.

That is simply not true.

8 hours ago, ChibCU said:

Of course... but does a higher draft position not increase odds of landing successful players? Please don't argue that fact.

It's why teams spend actual draft picks to trade up.

Top 5 for sure, after that... not really. 

1-5 - 77%

6-10 - 51% 

11-15 - 57%

16-20 - 51%

21-32 - 47%

Here

If you use statistics plus cap hit numbers for draft picks then you can easily come to the conclusion that winning the last game was the correct choice to make. 

1. chances of getting a hit at 8 is roughly the same as 16. 

2. Pay for the 16th pick is less then the 8th pick by 1.2m

19 hours ago, Snake said:

It's really the only option.

Problem with that option is you've got to have a willing partner.

If dead in the middle is a "bad position to pick", its not a GOOD position to trade up for.  The only exception to that is if somehow one of "the" picks in the draft starts free-falling.

Trade-ups into the 1st round usually involve teams in the 2nd trying to trade up to the bottom of the 1st.  Or teams in the lower half of the top 10 trying to trade up to a top 4 or 5 pick.

1 hour ago, luke nukem said:

anyone who thinks we beat the saints is lying to themselves.

So the 12 to 9 game a week before when we had half a QB and they were fully healthy was a blowout.. 

And Reality check our backups beat their backups.. It was a glorified preseason game for both teams.. And you ppl are butthurt because players playing for the football future won?? Smh 

Get a life please.. 

Honestly it's over with let's move on.. We might not get the guy "YOU" wanted at 8 .. But the way this draft is going to fall we will still be in range to get some impact players at are most needed positions..

On 1/25/2019 at 2:51 PM, usmcpanthers said:

Wouldnt be in this spot, if we would have lost wk 17, as we should have.

How has having high draft picks year in and year out worked for the Browns? How has having the bottom picks year in and year out worked for the Patriots? It doesn't matter where you pick if the front office isn't very competent.

On 1/25/2019 at 2:51 PM, usmcpanthers said:

Wouldnt be in this spot, if we would have lost wk 17, as we should have.

In the NFL you don’t lose games on purpose.  The sooner you realize this the better off you’ll be.  I won’t waste my time explaining why.  

On 1/26/2019 at 12:33 AM, carpanfan96 said:

1-5 - 77%

6-10 - 51% 

11-15 - 57%

16-20 - 51%

21-32 - 47%

Here

If you use statistics plus cap hit numbers for draft picks then you can easily come to the conclusion that winning the last game was the correct choice to make. 

This deserves more pie

9 hours ago, Sub Zero said:

So the 12 to 9 game a week before when we had half a QB and they were fully healthy was a blowout.. 

And Reality check our backups beat their backups.. It was a glorified preseason game for both teams.. And you ppl are butthurt because players playing for the football future won?? Smh 

Get a life please.. 

Honestly it's over with let's move on.. We might not get the guy "YOU" wanted at 8 .. But the way this draft is going to fall we will still be in range to get some impact players at are most needed positions..

People on this board still pretend that game wasn't close and that we lost 70 to -10 like the negative schmoes wanted.

On 1/25/2019 at 3:00 PM, RenoCarolina said:

Respectfully cannot understand this reasoning.  I don't want my team to lose any game, period.  Especially against that team.  I don't care if it moved us back to 33rd.

The same people that believe not drafting a top 10 prospect dooms the team for the next decade.

Mind you that these are also the same people that will emotionally attach themselves to a prospect or two and think they can suddenly be a talent scout.

All I'm saying is that picks 9 - 15 better be HoF candidates across the board with the way some folks are acting. You never coach to lose. Only losers think that getting their lottery ticket sooner means they will be rich.

On 1/26/2019 at 12:33 AM, carpanfan96 said:

1-5 - 77%

6-10 - 51% 

11-15 - 57%

16-20 - 51%

21-32 - 47%

Here

giphy.gif

On 1/25/2019 at 12:00 PM, RenoCarolina said:

Respectfully cannot understand this reasoning.  I don't want my team to lose any game, period.  Especially against that team.  I don't care if it moved us back to 33rd.

I will reiterate: talent in and of itself will not fix this team.

Better playcalling and gameplanning and game management will.

Archived