• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

"won't be there" realistically

AU-panther

So we all joke about the "won't be there" comments this time of year but I wanted to get an idea of who people think we can really cross of the list.  With all the talk of Sweat maybe moving in the top 10 that means somebody else is moving down.

We pick 16th.  I am pretty confident at least 2 QBs go before us, hoping 3 do, teams can get stupid with QBs.  I think we all agree Nick Bosa and Quinnen Williams will go top 5.  That leaves at most 11 more players to be off the board.

Who are you convinced will be one or more of those 11, and therefore "wont be there" for us.

My early list:  Josh Allen, Rashan Gary, and Devin White

If I'm really concerned about picking a DE the question becomes, will Sweat and Ferrell be one of the other 8 that goes before 16?

So to all of you "draft experts"  who would you bet money on not being there?

I

9 minutes ago, RenoCarolina said:

Respectfully cannot understand this reasoning.  I don't want my team to lose any game, period.  Especially against that team.  I don't care if it moved us back to 33rd.

I would rather my teams lose one game in a meaningless season than to have less talent in the future and subsequently lose more games in the future.

23 minutes ago, usmcpanthers said:

Wouldnt be in this spot, if we would have lost wk 17, as we should have.

Kyle Allen has worked his whole life for an opportunity and he finally got his one chance to go out and prove himself. Same goes for other unproven Panthers (CAP, Gaulden, Haynes). Do you really expect them to lose on purpose?

13 minutes ago, qazsazsaz said:

I would rather my teams lose one game in a meaningless season than to have less talent in the future and subsequently lose more games in the future.

If this is the thought process AFTER the game, I get it.  Or at least I can not react/post about it. 

Competitors don't play to lose.  Ever.

12 minutes ago, KeepPounding96 said:

Kyle Allen has worked his whole life for an opportunity and he finally got his one chance to go out and prove himself. Same goes for other unproven Panthers (CAP, Gaulden, Haynes). Do you really expect them to lose on purpose?

I am in the middle.  I see both sides, and get it.  I fully expect every Panther player on the field to go out there and try their hardest to win the game.

I just wish our 3rd string wasn't better than the Saints 3rd string for that one game.  I wish the Saints were still playing for home field, so they couldn't slack off. 

Who won’t be there:

Bosa, Williams, Allen, White, Oliver, Gary, Simmons, Jonah or J Taylor  whoever is top tackle, Ferrell, Burns or Polite(highest rated),

Thats 10.  I think Haskins and Lock will also go.  

There are 3 Top 15 cbs. But I don’t see them all going before 16.  

Bottom line.  It may be close for sweat. But just remember, he rose recently Bc of senior bowl.  I am hoping for the combine to move some others up.  Hoping for a John Ross to come out of the combine due to speed or other intangibles. 

Archived