• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Julius Peppers Announces Retirement

Jesse

I remember being slammed on the old Charlotte Observer board for wanting Peppers over Ryan Sims.  They had a picture of him shooting someone the bird at a party and were like "look, he has character issues".  I'm glad the Panthers took that flyer on him though and am thankful I got to support him as a fan.  Good luck Pep!!!

9 minutes ago, NorthTryon said:

I remember being slammed on the old Charlotte Observer board for wanting Peppers over Ryan Sims.  They had a picture of him shooting someone the bird at a party and were like "look, he has character issues".  I'm glad the Panthers took that flyer on him though and am thankful I got to support him as a fan.  Good luck Pep!!!

I thought the discussion was more Peppers or Harrington, but maybe people felt like we set with Wienke and Peete.

1 hour ago, Sgt Schultz said:

Very mixed emotions here. 

Sad to see him go, but It was time, unfortunately.  He got out on his own terms (we hope), with his health, sanity, and his dignity.  Not many players can manage that even in half the time.

He'll always be wearing a Panthers' jersey in my mind.

He always looked best in a Panthers jersey too....glad his career came back full circle.

Archived