• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

For those who are wanting a DE in the first-round

Zorbac

2 hours ago, Sub Zero said:

Okay dude let's do the math here we have pick 16.. If the 6 or 7 1st round graded outside rushers get drafted before our pick (highly unlikely)... Then that means one of the 5 exceptional inside rushers will fall to us.. Ed oliver, Q William's, Dremont, Jeffery Simmons or C Wilkins.. Will be there for the taking.. Sorry dude this is the wrong draft to worry about not getting atleast 2 quality Dlinemen.. We got real lucky that our 2 biggest needs are VERY DEEP in this draft..

How DT went from our signature strength to a weakness is very sad. The reason I don’t want DT in the first is they will not start. We have too many holes for our first rounder to not be an immediate starter

11 minutes ago, Camp Fodder said:

How DT went from our signature strength to a weakness is very sad. The reason I don’t want DT in the first is they will not start. We have too many holes for our first rounder to not be an immediate starter

How do you figure that 1st round DT won't start? Is this because of the Butler pick in 2016? That seems to disregard that KK was going into a contract year without the 5th yr option since he was a 2nd rd pick.

We can save $6M by cutting Poe. If we cut him and Kalil, we can re-sign Daryl Williams + Eric Reid. I would prefer re-signing Kyle Love and then drafting one of the top DTs if they are available.

12 minutes ago, Camp Fodder said:

Which one of those DTs do you think Poe or Butler would prevent from starting? Plus, it’s one position where the backups play about 1/3 of the snaps anyway. 

41 minutes ago, Toomers said:

Which one of those DTs do you think Poe or Butler would prevent from starting? Plus, it’s one position where the backups play about 1/3 of the snaps anyway. 

Ed oliver.. He will be in on pass rushing downs and can play DE in a 3/4.. Jeffery Simmons and Q Williams  are day one starters over poe..

57 minutes ago, Camp Fodder said:

Since Dline is a rotation position it really doesn't matter who starts . They all get playing time..

2 hours ago, Icege said:

I want no part of those latter 2, but there are a good 10-15 1st rd DL prospects. With the needs we have at all levels, BPA that doesn't involve a CB, WR, or QB in the first 3 rounds sounds gravy to me.

I agree just answering original question... 

1st off there is literary no way all 7 of the top DE/edge rushers are drafted before our pick.. 

And if that magically happens you get the 1st or 2nd best OT or a incredibly DT.. And grab from the 2nd or 3rd teir pass rushers later..

3 hours ago, Sub Zero said:

Okay dude let's do the math here we have pick 16.. If the 6 or 7 1st round graded outside rushers get drafted before our pick (highly unlikely)... Then that means one of the 5 exceptional inside rushers will fall to us.. Ed oliver, Q William's, Dremont, Jeffery Simmons or C Wilkins.. Will be there for the taking.. Sorry dude this is the wrong draft to worry about not getting atleast 2 quality Dlinemen.. We got real lucky that our 2 biggest needs are VERY DEEP in this draft..

I'd even argue that DT is a "safer" pick that DE at our draft position. We need pass rushers period, doesn't matter how we can get them as long as they can be effective. 

3 hours ago, Sub Zero said:

Yeah he will work.. Especially if we are playing a hybrid scheme..

Also has good production analytics.  Yet to see his athletic analytics.  But there is something about him that I really like.  Good motor.  At 240 he is ok against run.  Especially from backside.  If going to a 3-4 hybrid I would be fine with him as long as his athletic measurables are good. 

39 minutes ago, Sub Zero said:

Ed oliver.. He will be in on pass rushing downs and can play DE in a 3/4.. Jeffery Simmons and Q Williams  are day one starters over poe..

And Wilkins. And Jones. Which is the point. You don’t let players you want to get rid of prevent you from drafting an upgrade. 

Archived