• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Whose Downey for Clowney??!!

Hotsauce

Hes going to want something like 18-20 million dollars a year.  Im not sure where that money would come from on this roster.  We have already invested heavily into the defensive line, and defense in general.  Good player, but its a hard pass for me.

Rumor on Clowney is he only gets up and plays 100% for big match ups and prime time games but he wants to be paid like Aaron Donald.  Donald is a stud that goes 100% every play and even in practice.

I'll pass on Clowney and especially for the money he wants. 

The Texans tagged Clowney as a linebacker ($15.443 million) rather than as a defensive end ($17.128 million).  I wonder if this situation is part of the reason Burns has yet to sign; Contract language that stipulates his "position" so that his future contracts don't run into this same issue.

I think whoever ends up paying big bucks for Clowney will be cheering their decision for the first season. After that the diminishing returns will make it look like they'd been conned.

I put little to no stock in Clowney as a quality free agent.

Archived