• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Aside from Cam's shoulder....what is the biggest factor?

rayzor

43 minutes ago, ellis said:

Coaching/situational management ranks up there. 

Agreed. The situational thing troubles me. I like the idea of hiring someone to help with game managing. Long overdue, imo. I'm just not sold on Mills. Does he really know his poo or does he have a job because of who his dad is?

1 hour ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Honestly, the biggest factor behind Cam's shoulder is so far behind it can't even be seen in the rearview mirror. If Cam's shoulder is good to go, we're going to be competitive. If it's not... oh wee mayne.

Yep. That's why the Grier pick irked me. If Cam's shoulder is trashed, we're going to have really good draft position next year like it or not.

Aside from Cam, well the next obvious reason is Luke Kuechly. The leader and best player on the defense. Losing Cam on offense is almost the same as losing Luke on the defense.

Our 2 best players are in their prime, and the team will only go as far as they lead them point blank.

Cam's shoulder wasn't our only problem last year.  Our defense was a problem last year.

So I would say, the new defensive scheme and how long it takes for our players to be successful in it.  I doubt our D will look great early on doing new things in terms of consistency.     Largely, the front 7 being able to stop the run/generate pressure will be the key to our seasons success IMO. 

51 minutes ago, Khaki Lackey said:

Yep. That's why the Grier pick irked me. If Cam's shoulder is trashed, we're going to have really good draft position next year like it or not.

I was okay with the pick, but I can definitely understand that take.

I mean, let's say Cam's shoulder is trashed and we have a high pick next year and say Aaron Murray is sitting there. Do you pass on Murray because you have Grier? I don't think so. Not unless Grier is showing a TON of promise.

Poe and Little will have the most impact on this season.(So long luke and Cam stay healthy) 

Everything form a 3-4 starts at the Nose, Poe has to perform or else. 3-4 will a have effect on Luke. He will have to deal with Clean OGs and not have the freedom under 4-3. Little is key to 2019 draft and key to protecting Cams blindside. If Little at any moment fails, a 3 OL position change could easily take place. Thus screwing up all the practicing and preparation.   

As almost everyone said, the transition on defense. If the coaching improves on that side of the ball and we can adjust quickly to this new scheme, we could be stellar. If not, our defensive struggles last year may pale in comparison. 

I believe in our talent level overall. Let's hope it shows on the field.

On 7/25/2019 at 4:01 PM, LinvilleGorge said:

I was okay with the pick, but I can definitely understand that take.

I mean, let's say Cam's shoulder is trashed and we have a high pick next year and say Aaron Murray is sitting there. Do you pass on Murray because you have Grier? I don't think so. Not unless Grier is showing a TON of promise.

Yeah, I ageee with you there. I’d just rather have Aaron Murray and whoever our non QB 3rd round pick might have been. Greedy hindsight, I know, but still.

Archived