• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Interesting stat reguarding Panthers and CMC

ncfan

5 minutes ago, AceBoogie said:

It means Cam is just having to check it down. Mostly due to poor pass protection. And yes pass protection is a problem on this team. Give Cam good clean pockets and we win games. Give him that for a whole season and he takes Ted Ginn to the super bowl. 

He had fairly good protection this past week and CMC was targeted the most of anyone on the team.  CMC had 10 receptions.

We’ve covered this in several pieces, and with Luther B on the podcast. Our opinion was clear, if you have one back catching that many balls each week, and then you turn around and see 75% of those games were losses, it’s a solid indicator that a high catch volume for 22 not only doesn’t equate to winning football games, it often reveals underlying symptoms of an unhealthy offense.  

Let’s go back to Spartanburg, again: helmets and shorts? The WR’s gave fans all the feels. Buffalo scrimmage: instant change in route precision, separation, and even with QB1’s reads. Less deep balls too.

10 and 12 are more utilitarian than anything else. Hybrid AF. They CAN do it, but they need to work at it.

Ian Thomas on the sidelines ain’t smart. What analytics team member made that suggestion to Ron?

The more i watch the more I’m starting to see why norv was the scapegoat in Minnesota . Way too conservative. Cam kinda threw a subtle shot at him today saying “i think norv got c Mac on his fantasy team, yeah that what it is” smh people may laugh at that quote but i know cam he was basically sending out his concerns of this offense . Open it up !!! 

59 minutes ago, BrizzMachete said:

The more i watch the more I’m starting to see why norv was the scapegoat in Minnesota . Way too conservative. Cam kinda threw a subtle shot at him today saying “i think norv got c Mac on his fantasy team, yeah that what it is” smh people may laugh at that quote but i know cam he was basically sending out his concerns of this offense . Open it up !!! 

The complaints from Vikings fans about Norv were really the exact same thing Panther fans complained about with Shula. Long developing routes with a poor OL that got the QB killed. Too much run, run, pass, punt. What Norv has been doing here is actually quite a bit different though I think a lot of that is because of arm limitations from Cam.

Good point on that Cam quote. I took it as funny but you’re right that could very well be a shot across the bow toward Norv about the game plan if his shoulder is truly fine this year.

Archived