• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

9/22/19 - 6:20PM - The Birth of Our Beautiful QB Controversy

App Panther

16 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

It was an away game too.

Obviously there are Panther fans and kids in the stadium but they might not have been easy to find.

19 minutes ago, CBDellinger said:

I believe I saw Olsen run to the stands after one of his TDs.  

1 hour ago, Demented1nNC said:

My only gripe is that the team doesn't seem to continue giving away footballs after every TD when Cam isn't there. We all know Cam loves the kids and it would be a cool if the other players kept doing it even when he isn't there. I hope Cam gets back to 100% but at least we know that we have a backup that can win. We couldn't say that the last couple years that DA was here.

Cam and the panthers supply a different set of balls when they hand them out is my understanding. Perhaps they didn’t bring them along this time with Cam not traveling? 

10 minutes ago, Harbingers said:

Cam and the panthers supply a different set of balls when they hand them out is my understanding. Perhaps they didn’t bring them along this time with Cam not traveling? 

They probably shelved them. Cam hasn't been able to give any way it quite some time.

43 minutes ago, The NFL Shield At Midfield said:

And if Fox would have played Matt Moore earlier  in 2009 it wouldn't have been a wasted season. Should have pulled Jake at half time against ARZ also. This is about the team being competitive right now. Moore had a window where he could have been somebody. Hurney drafts Clausen(Will Grier) and then Fox(Ron) gives him a short leash to be buried on.  Allens looks better than Moore did. I'll give you it's only been two games but we need to see what we have there. 

14 hours ago, Mage said:

Kyle Allen isn't just taking advantage of a bad defense.  He's making high level throws.  The roll-out throw to Samuel is better than any throw Newton has made in a LONG time and I love Newton.

Dude has the physical skill-set.  If he proves he has the mental down?  No way you can go back.

I literally belched out “holy shitt what a beautiful throw” when he made that play. 

12 hours ago, Rastlet said:

This franchise doesn't deserve Cam Newton. He has given damn near 10 years of his life carrying this franchise and almost gave Carolina a Super Bowl. The first sign of failure and everyone is jumping ship. I get the Kyle Allen love fest as he played well today but you can support Carolina and Kyle without shitting on Cam. The one thing I do know is Cam is a warrior and a competitor so don't write him off just yet.

First sign of failure?  From where I've been sitting we've seen about 9 straight signs of failure from Cam.  Until his body is ready to complete every week at an NFL level, he has got to sit.  

1 hour ago, The NFL Shield At Midfield said:

Really though wasn't Kyle Allen one of the top QB prospects in the entire country going into college?  He clearly has NFL talent and can make any throw on the field.

Not one of.  He was the Number One QB prospect coming out of high school.

5 hours ago, Verge said:

Cam's:
Upside
Arm strength 
Running ability 
Improvisational skills 
Ability to carry the load 

Are better than Kyle. 

Kyle's:
Accuracy at all levels 
Touch on the ball 
Pocket movement 
Release time 
Footwork and fundamentals 

Are better than Cam's. 

Both have their strengths and weaknesses, both could easily be the future...or the past.

good post.  

I'd add "experience" to Cam's list.

But we've seen the arm strength diminish and the running ability/improvisation skills all but disappear. I'd say until these characteristics return, Kyle's ledger looks significantly better. 

Kyle just gives us a better chance to win right now regardless of who we are playing.  Things could change in 3-4 weeks, but for now, how could anyone disagree?

14 minutes ago, grimesgoat said:

good post.  

I'd add "experience" to Cam's list.

But we've seen the arm strength diminish and the running ability/improvisation skills all but disappear. I'd say until these characteristics return, Kyle's ledger looks significantly better. 

Kyle just gives us a better chance to win right now regardless of who we are playing.  Things could change in 3-4 weeks, but for now, how could anyone disagree?

Well, IMO accuracy, touch, anticipation and good solid mechanics are the most important qualities a QB can have.  Nearly every single one of Kyles throws yesterday were hitting the WR in the chest and in stride.  When was the last time we could say the same for Cam?  When was the last time Cam hit a pass like the shot to DJ for a TD?

5 minutes ago, joemac said:

Well, IMO accuracy, touch, anticipation and good solid mechanics are the most important qualities a QB can have.  Nearly every single one of Kyles throws yesterday were hitting the WR in the chest and in stride.  When was the last time we could say the same for Cam?  When was the last time Cam hit a pass like the shot to DJ for a TD?

I recall some nice throws to Ginn several years ago that would routinely bounce off his brick hands, but obviously nothing lately as he could barely throw the ball 20 yards last year.

I've never seen Cam make anything close to the DJ throw.  DJ seemingly came out of nowhere perfectly in stride.  Reminded me of some of Rivers' throws.

Cam has always seemingly thrown the ball as hard as he possibly could making it impossible for a WR to adjust to the ball if necessary.  Kyle's ball seems much more catchable even if slightly offline.  Some quarterbacks can just "throw their receivers open".  Put it in a spot where only their guy can make a play.  I don't know if Kyle was just lucky, but he was doing that all day long and it was cool to watch.  

16 hours ago, Mage said:

Kyle Allen isn't just taking advantage of a bad defense.  He's making high level throws.  The roll-out throw to Samuel is better than any throw Newton has made in a LONG time and I love Newton.

Dude has the physical skill-set.  If he proves he has the mental down?  No way you can go back.

Last year to Kaelin Clay

Archived