• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

"Calm down, It was just the Cardinals"

Jeremy Igo

Cards aren't known for having a good defense. Also, very little tape on Allen. I'm curious to see how he does against a good D with some more tape on Allen.

Also, on defense we were playing a hyped offense with a hyped QB for which there was very little on tape their first two games. We got the advantage of a couple games worth if footage and shut them down. Hard to tell if the hyped production came from them being really good or from a lack of tape for defenses to pick a part.

I liked what I saw, but I need to see more before I believe yesterday was anything more than an anomaly.

I don't know if I would call yesterday a whopping as much as a solid win. 

IMO there are three types of wins: 50-50 games, solid win, ass whopping. 

We've had two 50-50 games and a solid win. Could easily be 2-1 or 3-0 if Cam's foot was healthy or Rivera had made the switch to Allen in the bucs game. 

3 minutes ago, SOJA said:

I don't know if I would call yesterday a whopping as much as a solid win. 

IMO there are three types of wins: 50-50 games, solid win, ass whopping. 

We've had two 50-50 games and a solid win. Could easily be 2-1 or 3-0 if Cam's foot was healthy or Rivera had made the switch to Allen in the bucs game. 

An 18 point win on the road with eight sacks and four TD passes from your QB is about as good as it gets. 

People need to get the idea out of their head that AZ just lays down for teams. They are a young and hungry team that will be 8-8. We beat them and playoff teams should. Are we a playoff team? Who knows but it was not a gimmie game. The Texans will be another team that isn't great but good. We should beat them too. If anything I know about the NFL is this a team like the Giants should not beat the Bucs but they did and and a team like the Seahawks at home should have destroyed NO but they didn't. Any given Sunday. 

13 minutes ago, RoaringRiot said:

An 18 point win on the road with eight sacks and four TD passes from your QB is about as good as it gets. 

Its like I am taking crazy pills. People were more excited about a last second field goal win at home against a horrible giants team last year.

1 minute ago, stbugs said:

It really wasn’t. That one awful drop still got a FG so the Cardinals only really lost 4 points without stretching it. Our strip sack cost us 3-7 and Samuel’s drop ended a drive when he looked to have a chance to shoot through a hole and score. We could have put up 48-52 if you want to count our drops. Point is correct that any team (save the Dolphins) can beat anyone at home and we beat them decisively. 

It really was, that drop by Sheffield and strip sack were Allen got the ball back....if both or either one goes the Cards way they back in the ball game. 

8 minutes ago, rayzor said:

Cards aren't known for having a good defense. Also, very little tape on Allen. I'm curious to see how he does against a good D with some more tape on Allen.

Also, on defense we were playing a hyped offense with a hyped QB for which there was very little on tape their first two games. We got the advantage of a couple games worth if footage and shut them down. Hard to tell if the hyped production came from them being really good or from a lack of tape for defenses to pick a part.

I liked what I saw, but I need to see more before I believe yesterday was anything more than an anomaly.

At this point no one has much tape. The thing is hopefully our two biggest problems ( Williams, injured QB) have been solved. With that said no matter how much tape you have the Texans will be a difficult game. They are playing really well. 

16 minutes ago, countryboi said:

everyone in the NFL is a a pro, everyone in the NFL can beat you on any given day. This game was one or two dropped passes away from being very close. 

Or one fumble from being a 6 touchdown whooping?

come to think of it, doesn’t really every game come down to one or 2 plays that going one way or the other really changed the complexion of the game? I mean, we are 3-4 plays away from being 3-0, amirite

Well the Cardinals were the worst team in the NFL last year. So I can see the reasoning to discount the win a little bit. But it was a thorough beatdown so that's also nothing to sneeze at.

If Kyle Allen shows out against a much tougher Texans team on the road, now we're talking. 

Texans almost ALWAYS start slow, so the Panthers need to get a big lead early. 

4 minutes ago, RoaringRiot said:

3 minutes ago, Jeremy Igo said:

Its like I am taking crazy pills. People were more excited about a last second field goal win at home against a horrible giants team last year.

Certainly the end result is all that matters, but the reality is the Panther D was nothing short of horrible and had no answers through the first half yesterday. Given the fact this is a team which does not make halftime adjustments, anyone who knows anything about the Panthers should have been concerned going into the second half.

The Arizona running game was going between the tackles at 6 yards per carry in the first half. Thankfully, a couple scores didn't afford them the opportunity to continue gashing the middle of the field. They had to throw the ball or let KM make some backyard football play up. The front 4 finally started getting home and the back end played pretty lights out in the 2nd half.

That first half D, though....

7 minutes ago, RoaringRiot said:

It’s hard for people to comprehend how difficult it is to win in the NFL, let alone by that margin on the road.

Also worth noting the team was 1-9 over their last 10 games. If you exclude last year’s week 17 game, which many people like to do, this is the team’s largest margin of victory since November 13, 2017 (Miami), And their largest road margin of victory since September 10, 2017 (SFO).

Archived