• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Donte Jackson likely OUT vs Houston

jamos14

5 hours ago, jamos14 said:

This is by far the biggest injury of the weekend (outside of Cam).

Houston has 2 of the fastest WR in the league (Fuller & Stills).  They routinely run 9 routes.  Jackson is our only corner with enough speed to match them.  It's very concerning to have Cockrell or Elliot or anyone else on either of them.   Expect them to attack us deep early and often.

Any thoughts on how to mitigate this?

Fake news. Washington said he is playing. 

4 hours ago, jfra78 said:

I thought Ron said he was optimistic he would play

Could be gamesmanship so the Texans won’t know until an hour before the game that he is not going to play. Otherwise they have 2 days to scheme up how to attack his replacement.

I learned a long time ago not to trust coaches or players when they talk about injuries. Coaches lie about injuries all the time in order not to give the opponent an edge and they teach players to lie about them too.

There’s a reason why we didn’t rule Cam out until Friday before the Cards game. Ron full well knew Cam wasn’t going to play. Kingsbury even said on Wednesday they were preparing as if Cam would play. So they lost 3 practices where they could have been preparing solely for Allen rather than prepping for Cam while also prepping for Allen just in case.

2 hours ago, Bartin said:

Could be gamesmanship so the Texans won’t know until an hour before the game that he is not going to play.

I doubt they will do much scheming for a backup CB. There really is little advantage to saying he is likely to play if he isn't. If he isn't there, then they will try to test his replacement. No major game planning needed. 

Archived