• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Why is most of the focus on Allens QB performance today?

stankowalski

9 minutes ago, ncfan said:

So Nirv didnt do him any favors by making hkm do what any Starting QB is expected to do.  

Their D gameplanned and focused on stacking and shutting down CMC and forcing Kyle to throw it.  So we did.

We needed to do the same thing they did. Screens, misdirections, counters, reverses jet screens. Should have planned to keep them off balance and use their speed against them - just like they did us. Using multiple running backs to keep fresh legs in at all times. 

Garrapolo didn't beat this Panthers defense. And Kyle wasn't gonna beat this 49er defense.

The 49ers running game and screens killed us - even the TE got in on the screen game. 

We've seen all season that any QB that just drops back in the pocket on this defense will get hammered. And here we are shuffling around Olinemen, but expecting Kyle to make plays. No, Norv didn't do him any favors.  

1 minute ago, Navy_football said:

We needed to do the same thing they did. Screens, misdirections, counters, reverses jet screens. Should have planned to keep them off balance and use their speed against them - just like they did us. Using multiple running backs to keep fresh legs in at all times. 

Garrapolo didn't beat this Panthers defense. And Kyle wasn't gonna beat this 49er defense.

The 49ers running game and screens killed us - even the TE got in on the screen game. 

We've seen all season that any QB that just drops back in the pocket on this defense will get hammered. And here we are shuffling around Olinemen, but expecting Kyle to make plays. No, Norv didn't do him any favors.  

I feel like every screen they ran went for 20+.

9 minutes ago, TheRed said:

You taken a look at the Panthers social media? Half of that group are Cam stans? That's news to a lot of people just perusing facebook and twitter briefly and being met with instant disgust.

There are maybe a handful of people if that who do not like Kyle Allen.

One thing for sure, there aren't Panthers "fans" piling in to sign up and gloat after the Panthers lose led by Kyle Allen. With Cam though? Do I even need to say it? If you haven't seen it you haven't been looking. We've had 10 years of this.

Youre cherry picking my post lol. Go on Twitter, type in “Kyle Allen” and its literally the exact same thing with the roles reversed. 

again, we have a rational part of the fanbase that knows Cam is our guy when hes healthy but acknowledge that if he isnt then he isnt the best option to win games.

then we have the MAGA fans who would rather lose than have a flamboyant black QB be the reason we win games and we also have the Cam stans who would rather lose than have any QB besides Cam win us games. The only people stirring up a “QB controversy” are the two types of fans I just mentioned

1 minute ago, KillaCamNewton said:

Youre cherry picking my post lol. Go on Twitter, type in “Kyle Allen” and its literally the exact same thing with the roles reversed. 

again, we have a rational part of the fanbase that knows Cam is our guy when hes healthy but acknowledge that if he isnt then he isnt the best option to win games.

then we have the MAGA fans who would rather lose than have a flamboyant black QB be the reason we win games and we also have the Cam stans who would rather lose than have any QB besides Cam win us games. The only people stirring up a “QB controversy” are the two types of fans I just mentioned

I can agree that either way those types of fans don't care about winning. They bask in being controversial and talking down about the player they dislike. You see it with Eric Reid too.

I think without the MAGA types you mentioned we could dispense with 90% of this tomfoolery at a bare minimum.

3 minutes ago, KillaCamNewton said:

Thank you! I just can’t understand why our QB has to be a racial conversation. We should as panther fans pull for our QB no matter who he is. Cam has not been Cam since before the TJ Watt hit. Physically and mentally. If he plays he is still my QB, go team. I can’t understand why some folks want to burn Kyle Allen at the steak because of a poor game against the leagues 2nd best defense.

Just now, philit99 said:

Thank you! I just can’t understand why our QB has to be a racial conversation. We should as panther fans pull for our QB no matter who he is. Cam has not been Cam since before the TJ Watt hit. Physically and mentally. If he plays he is still my QB, go team. I can’t understand why some folks want to burn Kyle Allen at the steak because of a poor game against the leagues 2nd best defense.

Because steak's are delicious.

53 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

It was the Cam fan's opportunity to get their guy back in the lime light.  Odd thing, had Cam been healthy enough to take this beat down, the excuses would be a mile long...starting with he wasn't healthy enough.

And you would be saying exactly what we are about Newton instead of Allen.. see how that works? Yall need to stop this " If it was Obama blah blah blah stuff" always talking in Ifs. IF If was a 5th we would all be drunk.

2 minutes ago, micnificent28 said:

And you would be saying exactly what we are about Newton instead of Allen.. see how that works? Yall need to stop this " If it was Obama blah blah blah stuff" always talking in Ifs. IF If was a 5th we would all be drunk.

Fair enough, let's see what happens next week.  I'm losing track of all the threads, but I've already said in one post if Cam can't beat a really, really bad Titans team in Charlotte then....  

1 minute ago, 45catfan said:

Fair enough, let's see what happens next week.  I'm losing track of all the threads, but I've already said in one post if Cam can't beat a really, really bad Titans team in Charlotte then....  

Their defense is 8th.. defense isn't bad and they are better with Tanny. But fair enough we should be able to be the titans with a healthy Cam.

Archived