• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Shout out to Greg Van Roten!

bigdavis

If we can give a nod to Dennis Daley (and we should, even if it was for being a pleasant anonymity), we most definitely need to recognize the more positive contributions that were made by our LG, Mr. Van Roten.

The next time you view the 58 yd TD run by CMC, note that it was accomplished not by the straight line speed of our RB, but by the picture-perfect pulling block that took their LB out of the play.  The hole (and the TD) wasn't there without that block. 

I also think he deserves a good bit of credit for schooling whichever novice LT he finds himself next to from game to game.

39 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Or Van Rotten, as Trent Green called him...

(probably not the first time that's happened)

Does that mean you personally disagree with my opinion of GVR?

Or just quoting some guy who's lucky to have the job he has?

I think probably Von Roten is the more mispronounced he's gotten (or is it goten?)

I put this topic out there, because I admire the guy's drive, and I think he's been unfairly maligned by the Huddle, generally.

13 minutes ago, bigdavis said:

Does that mean you personally disagree with my opinion of GVR?

Or just quoting some guy who's lucky to have the job he has?

I think probably Von Roten is the more mispronounced he's gotten (or is it goten?)

I put this topic out there, because I admire the guy's drive, and I think he's been unfairly maligned by the Huddle, generally.

It's not a comment on Van Roten's ability.

At least he's had some time to gell by sticking to LG for a while now that probably helps. 

Our Oline is fairly young in general as pointed out by one the announcers in the game. 

Daley LT (23) , Van Routen LG (29) , Paradis (30), Turner (26), Moton (25)

Literally no one above 30 and an average age of 26.6 

We just need them to stay healthy for a change. They've really excelled at run blocking in general but could be a lot more consistent with pass protection 

Archived