• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Cam to IR

KillaCamNewton

9 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

See, that play more than anything else makes me believe that when they say they didn't know anything was wrong, they're full of sh-t.

Rivera played Cam hurt to save his own a$$.  He knew Cam was injured last year--still played him.  Knew that he was being targeted in 2015-2016--still ran him hard and did not develop the OL.

He is now driving CMC into the same ground.  He needs to be stopped.  He is more than an idiot--he is a self-serving, self-promoting moron. 

This ride isn't over yet, but we are a lot closer to the end than the start.

If Cam is willing to play out the last year of his deal, I think he is likely coming back, if he wants to play here.  If not, he will be gone.

Only reason we don't see Cam here next season is if the new coach and GM decide to start fresh, or if Cam retires.

14 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

Yes---he was unusually invisible for the past several weeks--not cheering on the team, not on the sideline (to the best of my knowledge).  There seems to be something more to this than meets the eye. 

If he could return in December, would you not want the option of using him?  Let's say Allen gets figured out or gets injured.  Cam would be a pretty nice option.   This is sad because I sense something more than just an 8-game IR.

I think it’s clear he won’t be healthy this year at this point, but otherwise yeah I’d like the option to have him. The future past this year is the second biggest question surrounding the team behind Ron and Hurney’s future here. And they may certainly be linked. Only time will tell.

2 minutes ago, jfra78 said:

Exactly, Cam deserves the chance to get healthy and prove what he has left

its crazy that y'all think cam is going into a lame duck contract year in prove it mode.   that's insulting.  its what i think we should do but he probably wants out if they're not offering him a new deal before the year.   why would he want to stay here?

Just now, raz said:

its crazy that y'all think cam is going into a lame duck contract year in prove it mode.   that's insulting.  its what i think we should do but he probably wants out if they're not offering him a new deal before the year.   why would he want to stay here?

Cam isn't going to get a monster deal anywhere... He needs to be some place he can demonstrate he can still perform over the course of an entire season.  The only reason he would want to leave if he has no chance to start here IMO. 

10 minutes ago, uncfan888 said:

Cam's time in Carolina isn't over. Certain people just want it to be. Let the guy get healthy and see what he's got

Exactly... the amount of disrespect towards Cam is infuriating... He is a former MVP who was playing the best ball of his life as recently as last year.

People suck... no one does this to other comparable QB's... he will be here next year and starting for the team

Archived