• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Is the "League" Trying to screw Kap again?

Snake

2 minutes ago, Harbingers said:

They can’t make him sign a separate waiver than every other player or he wouldn’t be covered by the NFLPA. It’s as simple as that dude. 

Let them think its a ploy or whatever, Eric Reid is employed, Kaep is not, no way the NFL was going to go to court with him again.

He was hoping if he did not get a contract he would be able to sue the NFL again and they were not having it.

3 minutes ago, PootieNunu said:

Let them think its a ploy or whatever, Eric Reid is employed, Kaep is not, no way the NFL was going to go to court with him again.

He was hoping if he did not get a contract he would be able to sue the NFL again and they were not having it.

You can’t sue a company for not employing you. He isn’t in their service. 

He could sue them for blacklisting him/discrimination but he already did that.

9 minutes ago, Harbingers said:

You can’t sue a company for not employing you. He isn’t in their service. 

He could sue them for blacklisting him/discrimination but he already did that.

All I know is the NFL is the employer he is wanting to be an employee (i Guess..). You do not go to a job interview making demands unless you are highly sought after in which he is not.

But according to the article "It was about extinguishing the second lawsuit that Kaepernick could file for ongoing collusion plus retaliation against him for his first grievance that was settled for a payment reportedly between $1 million and $10 million." 

So i guess he could sue them again for blacklisting him it seems...I am definitely not a lawyer nor do I have much idea how that type of stuff works...

2 minutes ago, bull123 said:

I don’t get that part at all

the owners didn’t get in a room together or all call each other and decide to blackball this guy

any owner that would want to sign him would do so in a heartbeat

he has absolutely no case and I don’t know why the league would be worried about it

f94wg1X.jpg

19 minutes ago, Cookie Lyon said:

Owners aren't scared. They're making business decisions. Any team that signs CK is going to have to deal with the circus that he is going to bring with him. It will come down to one thing. Is what he brings to the team worth all the other stuff that comes with him? This isnt just about talent. 

Corporate america hates controversy because they are in the business of selling you something and controversy by its nature alienates some portion  of your potential customer base generally speaking. Nike is willing to endorse CK publicly not because they are the only company out there with a conscience, but because they have correctly identified that moreso than most international brands CK supporters are their target market and CK haters are not.

Coca Cola sells sugar water to everyone and their brother. I got 20 bucks says it will be a cold day in hell before they take a position on the CK controversy because doing so is nothing but downside for their bottom line.

I say all of this by way of pointing out that whether you love it or hate it (and personally I am no big fan) the NFL is reacting to CK the way any large corporation typically responds to controversy: by staying as far away from it as possible.

If Tom Brady himself started sharing his views on abortion in sideline and postgame interviews, regardless of what they were, the league would suddenly start looking for ways to encourage him to retire.

Archived