• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Rappaport: Marty Hurney heavily involved in HC search!!!

1 minute ago, Davidson Deac II said:

Nothing.

Cam's future here depends on his health or our assessment of his health.

Yes, but if a coach does not want him as the QB, it could eliminate some candidates--their choice.  BTW, watched Newman in the bowl game---has all the tools, just needs the blueprint to put them all together.

Just now, MHS831 said:

Yes, but if a coach does not want him as the QB, it could eliminate some candidates--their choice.  BTW, watched Newman in the bowl game---has all the tools, just needs the blueprint to put them all together.

I modified my comment a little.  

Regarding Newman, the bowl game was hard to read regarding his performance and readiness for the NFL.  Michigan state dominated the middle of the line, making it hard to run the style of offense wake wanted to run.  I do think he has the size and arm for the NFL, just needs to improve his accuracy and consistency.

8 minutes ago, bobowilson said:

I keep preaching to everyone that they are in denial about Tepper and Hurney

Everyone is going through mental gymnastics daydreaming about future GM hires, and ignoring the words that actually came out of Teppers mouth about how he believes Hurney is the best evaluator of talent.

The sooner you come to grips with the fact Tepper thinks Hurney is a good GM and has no plans to fire him, the better for your mental health

Preach, right after Coach Rivera was let go but Moron 2.0 retained, we had people here parsing Tepper's words looking for hidden meaning and claiming he was playing 11 dimensional chess or w/e and that the master plan would not result in Hurney doing anything but making 1st round picks I guess.  

Tepper is new but grading out very poorly the way he's handled business the last month.

17 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Basically, the guy who brought us John Fox and Ron Rivera has a say in who our next head coach is. And whatever coach gets picked is supposed to have a say in who gets the new front office position.

Ugh!

We were hoping for the next Art Rooney but instead we might have gotten the next Jim Haslam

My optimism for our future just took a serious nosedive.

Yeah, and Tepper doesn’t see the conflict of interest there? My opinion of him has diminished 

9 minutes ago, Move the Panthers to Raleigh said:

Yeah, and Tepper doesn’t see the conflict of interest there? My opinion of him has diminished 

Earlier today I was feeling sorry for Redskin fans staring down the prospect of having Marvin Lewis as their next head coach. There's no light at the end of the tunnel for them.

My sympathy has turned to empathy.

I was set to do some research on potential coaching profiles tomorrow but now I've lost interest.

38 minutes ago, Sean Payton's Vicodin said:

This disastrous scoop was posted by @Mr. Scot in a McCarthy thread

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001092057/article/a-look-at-potential-coaching-changes-across-the-nfl

How on earth do we get rid of him for good, bros? He's awful

I wonder what all the naive pretenders who told us with all the confidence in the world that "He's only being kept around for show!  For sure!  You can trust Tepper!" think now.

26 minutes ago, bobowilson said:

I keep preaching to everyone that they are in denial about Tepper and Hurney

Everyone is going through mental gymnastics daydreaming about future GM hires, and ignoring the words that actually came out of Teppers mouth about how he believes Hurney is the best evaluator of talent.

The sooner you come to grips with the fact Tepper thinks Hurney is a good GM and has no plans to fire him, the better for your mental health

Yep yep yep.

3 minutes ago, tiger7_88 said:

I wonder what all the naive pretenders who told us with all the confidence in the world that "He's only being kept around for show!  For sure!  You can trust Tepper!" think now.

Didn’t the quote say his title may be changing? What is that about?

Tepper gave Hurney the authority to sign Shaq Thompson to a behemoth long term contract

Tepper is giving Hurney authority to select our next coach

If you still think Tepper has any plans to demote Hurney or relegate him of primary duties of a general manager, you're in heavy denial

Stop listening to the so called 'insiders' on this forum;  there are no insiders wasting their time on this forum, and anyone pretending to be is looking for attention.

3 minutes ago, bobowilson said:

Tepper gave Hurney the authority to sign Shaq Thompson to a behemoth long term contract

Tepper is giving Hurney authority to select our next coach

If you still think Tepper has any plans to demote Hurney or relegate him of primary duties of a general manager, you're in heavy denial

Stop listening to the so called 'insiders' on this forum;  there are no insiders wasting their time on this forum, and anyone pretending to be is looking for attention.

Our resident insiders actually haven't said anything about Marty Hurney, only about Cam Newton.

Actual reporting on Hurney - including this latest report, which still acknowledges his title might be changing - has come from NFL journalists.

Archived