• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Tony Elliott declines interview with Carolina

ellis

I think Tepper was being genuine in asking him to interview. If it was just to check the box he had Fewell to fulfill that. Hes also asked to interview Bieneimy and likely Shaw. Elliott may have been a long shot but you never know where that could lead. If not with us maybe an advanced position in college if not pros. 

It sounds like both Shaw and Bieniemy are highly qualified. I'm not sure I have a favorite but would not be upset at all with either if they were to impress in interviews.

1 minute ago, Moo Daeng said:

I think Tepper was being genuine in asking him to interview. If it was just to check the box he had Fewell to fulfill that. Hes also asked to interview Bieneimy and likely Shaw. Elliott may have been a long shot but you never know where that could lead. If not with us maybe an advanced position in college if not pros. 

It sounds like both Shaw and Bieniemy are highly qualified. I'm not sure I have a favorite but would not be upset at all with either if they were to impress in interviews.

Given how bad Carolina bombed with Fewell taking over? 

Tepper would catch hell pretending like that was a real interview. 

Rooney rule has a lot of good and bad elements to it 

Just now, CRA said:

Fewell would satisfy the Rooney Rule, as would Eric Bieniemy.

I doubt this was just to check the box on that.

Just now, CRA said:

I think you missed my point.  Hes more than fulfilled that requirement and I don't see anything in Tepper to think he's not genuine in asking for the interview .

I guess I understand Elliotts angle too but it could help him advance his career at the least.  

2 minutes ago, Moo Daeng said:

I think you missed my point.  Hes more than fulfilled that requirement and I don't see anything in Tepper to think he's not genuine in asking for the interview .

I guess I understand Elliotts angle too but it could help him advance his career at the least.  

How has he fulfilled that requirement? 

I'm an Elliot guy.  I can see multiple reasons for him declining the interview.   Every coach isn't in a rush to just land a perceived promotion.  Big picture matters.  I think Elliot's future is in the college ranks. 

Archived