• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Ron Rivera Signs 5 Year Deal With Washington

bobsfoodbasics

29 minutes ago, Eazy-E said:

I mean Tepper has only interviewed what, 3 people so far?

McCarthy, Bienimy, and Rhule. Am I missing anyone?

We haven't interviewed nobody but McCarthy yet. Bienimy is going to but he is for the Rooney rule, we ain't interviewing Fewell lol. Then Rhule already came out and said he ain't taking interviews and will call the teams he wants if he changes his mind. Which is ok I don't want his ass anyway. I still think we might like McCarthy right now but we are going to interview McDaniels and if they like him that will be the choice. I think if they really wanted McCarthy they would have just signed him already.

1 hour ago, carpanfan96 said:

I think McCarthy is the current leader in the clubhouse and it's by a large margin. 

I don't think so.  In fact, I think McCarthy is just Tepper's fall back option.

First of all there have been reports that Tepper wants a younger guy to be here a long time (kind of the model the Steelers use with their HC's).  But McCarthy is already 56, so he's not someone you look at as someone for the long haul.  He's more of a transition coach.

Secondly, I am sure Tepper can see through the Analytics bs that McCarthy is spewing.  He is what he is, and at 56, he's likely never going to use (or probably even understand how to use) analytics in the creative way Tepper wants.  That's more of a younger new age method that fits better with coaches that grew up in a technological world.  McCarthy's just too fundamentally old school.  

Thirdly, I think Tepper wants to make a splash.  He doesn't want to be seen as playing it safe with an established coach, he wants to bring in someone with the WOW factor, and McCarthy's not it.

I also think Tepper wants someone who is more innovative than McCarthy.  McCarthy is a fine coach, but he is pretty basic.  As much as he might try, he's never going to be much more than what he's already done.

So, like I said, I think McCarthy is just a fall back option.  The only way I see him as the hire is if none of the candidates impress, or we get turned down by the guys Tepper has his eye on. 

Archived