• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Slow

Ship

5 minutes ago, AceBoogie said:

It’s going to be McDaniels unless he decides to go to Cleveland. What we’re working on is the backup plan. 

Better hope we have a backup plan, that Dude has already left one organization holding their penis in their hand.

Also, if we decide to follow the conclusion that McDaniels is the guy here-- then why do anything we've done so far? What due diligence is really so important if the guy you've been talking about since 2018 is the guy you want to hire? We've been evaluating McDaniels for like 2 years at this point. Not into it. Did we fire Rivera early to do due diligence on a backup plan for McDaniels?

Patriots assistants are a classic noob owner mistake in the NFL. If Tepper's plan is to get McDaniels and a Patriots executive in here then we can line our owner up with the other numerous idiots who did the same. Unfortunately analytics don't quantify Belicheck's impact and the impact of cheating on an OC. Similarly, having Brady for every year except this one masks the OC's analytics of success as well.

51 minutes ago, Ship said:

People may say I'm being ridiculous posting this on the Tuesday following the last game of the season, but I disagree. I've heard competitive advantage as a reason for our actions this season and I'm not seeing it.

We're moving slow in this coach search. We fired Ron several weeks ago to get a leg up and competitive advantage and what has that gotten us? 2 college coach rejections and 2 meetings with McCarthy. We've got the Chiefs OC scheduled for tomorrow, apparently interest in Rhule and McDaniels but no scheduled interviews. Why? What about the other coordinators? We don't even have a report of Fewell getting an interview yet and he's sitting down the hall. All the teams that just fired their coaches yesterday are right there with us by the end of this week. I'm sorry, but that's lame as hell. Who's even helping Tepper do this search? Glick- who may know soccer but knows fug all about football?? Hurney is the only other guy and maybe some head scouts. I'm sorry, but it's basically the Tepper show. He could have just kept his mouth shut and done his own research on coaches the rest of the year and not hurt Ron's feelings and we'd be in the same place as we are now with a happier locker room. 

Also, with the Del Rio hire, we're also looking at competition for our coordinator spots. Lets not forget earlier this year people were saying this would be a weak head coaching talent pool. If we fug this up by being slow and get a second choice in a shitty year that's on Tepper.

I can't say anything that has happened lately has inspired any confidence in the near future of this team.

so you'd rather we panic hire instead of waiting for the opportunity to interview some of the hot coaching candidates who are unavailable because they're coaching in the playoffs?  LMAO

6 minutes ago, NAS said:

so you'd rather we panic hire instead of waiting for the opportunity to interview some of the hot coaching candidates who are unavailable because they're coaching in the playoffs?  LMAO

How many of those 'hot candidates' have we requested an interview with yet dumbass? We've requested 1. Great.

Not so much speaking to the speed of the process, but I will say this year seems to have far less options than most.  Every report I keep seeing has us, the Browns, and the Giants coming for the same 3 or 4 guys.  

Looks like we picked bad year to finally axe Ron.  I just hope we get it right.

39 minutes ago, RoaringRiot said:

They’ve requested McDaniels. 

I hope this dude has learned something from his time off from head coaching. He’s a literal offensive genius but guys don’t want to play for him. The players hated this guy in Denver. He is not relatable at all. Then not to mention he trades a boatload of picks for The Golden Calf of Bristol. Like wtf

1 minute ago, Proudiddy said:

Not so much speaking to the speed of the process, but I will say this year seems to have far less options than most.  Every report I keep seeing has us, the Browns, and the Giants coming for the same 3 or 4 guys.  

Looks like we picked bad year to finally axe Ron.  I just hope we get it right.

I'm seeing it just the opposite.  We have fewer teams to compete with.  I really liked our odds of getting the hottest name until the Dallas HC job just opened up.  The same names are coming up because those are the best options at the moment until teams get eliminated from the playoffs.

Archived