• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Chase Young

stirs

Was just looking for a win/win as we move to a 43 and have draft picks from a 34.  I don't think Burns can add 20 lbs and be as quick.  He does have the frame for it, but we'll see.  Coaches might think of making him even quicker by losing 5 and spending time learning OLB

Just now, Hoenheim said:

I do think its interesting we have Ron and Gettleman both picking ahead of the Panthers in the top 10 this year

Right. So instead of making a list of 7 players you love that would make great 1st round picks, you only need to make 6, because at least one or the other will make some screwball pick no one expected to go top 10 and let one extra player drop unexpectedly.

If you ask me it should be 2, because they both owe us that. C’mon Gettleman, I hear they have great hog mollies at Alcorn State, don’t you want one ?

55 minutes ago, Shaqil915 said:

My mock draft 

1st round. Chase young

2nd Round Derrick brown 

3rd round Joe Burrow(in case Cam gets injured again)

Make it happen Tepper.

LOOOOOOOOL burrow will be gone by pick 3. Btw leta waste another third on a qb. Jfc.

1 hour ago, stirs said:

Does he really fit the Redskins who are running a 34?

Would the Skins trade down to 7 for Brian Burns who does fit their scheme?  What else might we need to throw in?

Chase Young would obviously be the 43 DE we have been missing for a number of years.

Epenesa might be a fall back position and come much cheaper and he could be a reach at 7

Epenesa is that name that could rise after the combine---I agree though--he is a mid rounder ---

The only thing that gives me pause that the Redskins might pass on Young is that they have drafted a defensive lineman in the first round for three straight years. Kerrigan is a glorified DE and Sweat is a legit DE as well. So they would have three young edge rushers and a DT that is younger as well. I just feel like if they want the best possible player they go Chase Young and figure the rest out or does their new GM draft for need? They need CB help in a baaaad way. Okudah would be solid for them even though that is who I want in the first round. 

4 minutes ago, Varking said:

The only thing that gives me pause that the Redskins might pass on Young is that they have drafted a defensive lineman in the first round for three straight years. Kerrigan is a glorified DE and Sweat is a legit DE as well. So they would have three young edge rushers and a DT that is younger as well. I just feel like if they want the best possible player they go Chase Young and figure the rest out or does their new GM draft for need? They need CB help in a baaaad way. Okudah would be solid for them even though that is who I want in the first round. 

if your dominant up front who plays DB doesn't matter as much. 

I think Chase is a no brainer for Ron/Del Rio.  The Skins will be a top 5 defense by year 2. 

About Ron--the things I have read about what he has said and done in Washington are humorous---put that with the defense he could not run in Carolina (that he said would be so good for the team---a defense that influenced our draft), I am starting to think that he is full of crap.  A fraud.  Take Cam Newton out of his life and what do you actually have?  A LB coach at CAL.

Archived