• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Luke’s retirement + cap

Actionman0z

lol I was thinking all of his salary goes off the cap. Well we are in a shitty situation. Next question is what will happen to Cam?

Don't know if it will be better to cut him or get a 3rd round pick for him. Tough times for Panthers fans right now. We went from Cam/Kuechly/TD to now just CMC.

2 minutes ago, Real1zOnly said:

lol I was thinking all of his salary goes off the cap. Well we are in a shitty situation. Next question is what will happen to Cam?

Don't know if it will be better to cut him or get a 3rd round pick for him. Tough times for Panthers fans right now. We went from Cam/Kuechly/TD to now just CMC.

Yeah when you have a new owner and new coach things like this happen. The players have no connection to the team. It's why we hired a rebuilder. 

21 minutes ago, TheSpecialJuan said:

brutal 

His contract was restructured twice. Once in 2018 and once more in 2019. 

2018 raised his cap hit 1.8m in 2019-2020

2019 restructuring added two voidable years and raised his cap hit another 1.7mish

When shaq got paid, I kinda thought this would happen. No way you pay 30m a year for ILB. 

23 minutes ago, stbugs said:

Umm, that’s all that counts. Dead money comes from money already paid that isn’t counted on the cap. I’ll use Matt Kalil as an example. We paid him a total of $25M in 2017 and 2018 including bonuses. We structured his deal so that his cap charges for 2017 and 2018 were only $10M. That meant that we had $15M in dead cap. People freak out as if the dead cap is some unbelievable amount even though in essence we saved that same amount in the prior years. People ignore the savings and then freak out over having to pay for the savings. 

Thanks, I knew that some of the money had already been paid, didn't realize that all of had.  

2012 Draft - Top Ten

Luck - retired
Griffin - backup QB for the Ravens
Richardson - long gone, huge bust
Kalil - don't wanna talk about it
Blackmon - misbehaved himself out of the league
Claiborne - backup for the Chiefs
Barron - never lived up to his potential, especially being taken over Kuechly
Tannehill - a good quarterback...for someone other than the team that drafted him
Kuechly - retired
Gilmore - see Tannehill, Ryan (change quarter to corner)

1 minute ago, Mr. Scot said:

2012 Draft - Top Ten

Luck - retired
Griffin - backup QB for the Ravens
Richardson - long gone, huge bust
Kalil - don't wanna talk about it
Blackmon - misbehaved himself out of the league
Claiborne - backup for the Chiefs
Barron - never lived up to his potential, especially being taken over Kuechly
Tannehill - a good quarterback...for someone other than the team that drafted him
Kuechly - retired
Gilmore - see Tannehill, Ryan (change quarter to corner)

Luke is probably the best of that group.  And I believe the only one to play in the big game.  

Archived