• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

With Shaq most likely moving to MLB... Will Burns play OLB in Rhule's 4-3?

Dex

5 minutes ago, Dex said:

I think it's a legitimate question.

What did the Broncos do early in Vons career, were they 4-3 with him as OLB? I know he rushed a lot and would have his hand in the dirt. I can’t remember what Oakland ran early in Mack’s career either. Whatever those teams did for those guys, let’s replicate that (for Burns) haha. 

Burns is not a sideline to sideline LB, he is an edge rusher. Having him anywhere else on the field would be a disservice and taking him away from what he does best.

Now about Shaq moving back to the outside or staying in the middle, that is a very good question. I could see him staying in the middle if we drafted someone like Simmons in the 1st. 

You either try to teach Burns how to play weak side in a 4-3 (very difficult but with big upside) or have him pack on some more pounds and put his hand in the dirt (likely better situation and ability to be a consistent 10+ sack guy, but possibly weak in run D). Honestly though, if we’re going to a 4-3 I’d look into trading Burns. Wouldn’t give him away for free, but possibly would consider it for even an early 2nd, ideally a 1st to a team that runs a 3-4. He really is much better suited to 3-4.

3 hours ago, The Lobo said:

What did the Broncos do early in Vons career, were they 4-3 with him as OLB? I know he rushed a lot and would have his hand in the dirt. I can’t remember what Oakland ran early in Mack’s career either. Whatever those teams did for those guys, let’s replicate that (for Burns) haha. 

they ran a 3-4 defense where a LB plays essentially as a defensive end

Archived